Society doesn't follow it's own advice: Aug 15, 2011 WT "Internet Eve"

by truthseeker 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

"Internet Eve.”

Oh good, another JW catch phrase... maybe my father can stop saying BRAZEN CONDUCT now that there is a new phrase.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Well, they keep upping the paranoia, don't they? Of course, the WT despises the Internet: They even admit why--no rules or restrictions on what can be said and by whom AND it's freely available to anybody anywhere. The most fantastic and powerful aspect of the Web is the freedom of information, which is critically dangerous to high control groups.

So they demonize it even further by using that rather clever illustration to make the internet synonymous with Satan. That's exactly the message being sent. If you don't know every last detail about what you read on the internet, the implication is, then it's a lie from Satan. Never mind the fact that just because something can't be verified, doesn't mean it's automatically wrong. But once a JW reads something (critical of the WT) on the internet, because that medium is now linked with Satan, that information is tainted. If corroborating evidence is encountered from another source, perhaps reading the same thing in the news, let's say, he or she will still be disinclined to believe it because of its original association. In a way, the WT is "vaccinating" JWs against anything they read on the internet.

I would say that this extremely paranoid article is more evidence that the Boys in Brooklyn are getting more and more nervous about the impact of cyberspace, probably thanks to sites like JWN. Yay JWN!!

Oh, yes, and I want to add that's it's an absolute HOOT that by their standards listed in the article, EVERYTHING written by the WT would automatically be worthy of suspect and hence rejected!!! They are the WORST about citing credible sources or using up-to-date information or identifying who wrote anything or having a HUGE agenda and bias in their writing.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

LMAO!!! That picture is hilarious!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

This thread deserves a repost of this (from the IRC Bible):

* Jehova has joined #Eden
    <Jehova> Now, let's make that man.
    * Jehova models some dust and clay
    * Jehova breaths in the nostrils
    <Jehova> That should do the trick
    * Adam has joined #Eden
    <Adam> w00t
    <Jehova> quite
    <Jehova> listen up, adam
    <Jehova> I got some trees up there, and one of them is Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil
    <Jehova> If you eat from that tree, I'll kickban your ass
    <Adam> k, dude, relax
    <Jehova> Almost forgot, I have some companions for you
    * Bunch_of_animals has joined #Eden
    <Bunch_of_animals> Boo, hiss, rattle
    <Adam> Jeez, great
    <Jehova> erm, Adam
    <Jehova> You're not supposed to do that with a chicken
    <Jehova> nm, I'll create another companion for you
    <Jehova> You go to sleep now
    * Adam is now known as Adam|zZz
    * Jehova takes Adam|zZz's rib and builds a woman
    <Jehova> there
    * Eve has joined #Eden
    <Adam|zZz> w00t!!1
    * Adam|zZz is now known as Adam
    <Adam> ASL?
    <Eve> newborn, female, eden!
    <Adam> omg! me too, but male
    <Eve> omfg! you're nekkid!
    <Adam> so what! your too!
    <Eve> lol
    * Jehova sighs
    <Jehova> bbl
    * Jehova has left #Eden
    * Serpent has joined #Eden
    <Serpent> Pssst! he said you can't eat the fruit?
    <Eve> Yeah, so?
    <Serpent> lol, u wont die, eat a fruit!
    * Eve munches
    <Eve> You eat too, Adam, or I won't go down on you
    <Adam> mmm-kay
    * Adam munches
    <Adam> OMFG WERE NEKKID!!!1
    <Eve> NOOO, WTF!
    <Adam> I feel so drrrty
    <Serpent> lmao
    * Jehova has joined #Eden
    <Jehova> what have you done?
    <Eve> it was the serpent!
    <Jehova> Serpent, schmerpent!
    <Adam> really!
    * Jehova sets mode: -v Serpent
    <Jehova> fs
    * Jehova sets mode: +b Adam!*[email protected]
    * Jehova sets mode: +b Eve!*[email protected]
    * Adam was kicked by Jehova (Get out!)
    * Eve was kicked by Jehova (Get out!)
    * Jehova changes topic to "and stay out!"
    * Flamingsword has joined #Eden
    * Jehova sets mode: +o Flamingsword
    * Jehova has left IRC (signed off)
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The IRC Bible is WAY better than anything Crazy Freddie came up with.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    The above cartoon by Peter Steiner has been reproduced from page 61 of July 5, 1993 issue of The New Yorker, (Vol.69 (LXIX) no. 20).

Thanks VM44 for posting this. It was maddening that they talked about the cartoon and then didn't say where it was from!

Typical!

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

My question is ... Don't they know that many times, humans tend to DO things they're told NOT TO DO...especially things that are taboo or that raises curiosity? Like the song goes.... "It's CLOSING TIME..." This is the information age. INFORMATION!!! they cannot stop it. I'm praying someone does a Documentary about how deceitful the "Organization" really is. Put all of the contradictions out there...the "wishy washiness", the pedos, the divorce rate, the pressure to record time spent knocking on doors whether you want to or not.

"Will Humans Ruin The Earth?" --- Yeah...b/c even the WTBTS is destroying trees so they can have paper to print a bagillion magazines while everyone else is trying to go paperless!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit