Society doesn't follow it's own advice: Aug 15, 2011 WT "Internet Eve"

by truthseeker 26 Replies latest jw friends

• VM44
    VM44

undercover, thank you for pointing this out.

Picture of ethernet cable casting a shadow of a snake.

I think The Watchtower went too far publishing that image.

They really do not like the internet, do they.

• VM44
    VM44

On the Internet,
    Nobody Knows You're a Dog

The above cartoon by Peter Steiner has been reproduced from page 61 of July 5, 1993 issue of The New Yorker, (Vol.69 (LXIX) no. 20).

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

As someone who knows a bit about ethernet cables, I can tell you the bend radius of this patch cable does not conform to the manufacturer's and industry standards.

Thus, by extension, the illustration is invalid

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Gotta give credit where its due though, that's a VERY GOOD illustration!!!

• Yan Bibiyan
  • WontLeave
    WontLeave

1. Who published this material? What are the author’s credentials? (New World Translation? Everything else?)
    2. Why was this published? What motivated the writer? Is there any bias? (Proclaimers? Faith in Action DVDs? Everything else?)
    3. Where did the author get the information? Does he supply sources that can be checked? (Some names are changed? Misquotes? Cherry-picked qoutes and scriptures which contradict the context?)
    4. Is the information current? (We aren't responsible for anything we've said in the past.)
  • dgp
    dgp

Question. "How can you avoid being a victim of misinformation?"

Answer by the worldly who doesn't know the ropes: "I can avoid being a victim of misinformation by having different sources of information, asking uncomfortable questions, reading things people wouldn't want you to read, checking backgrounds, and, above all, using my brains".

If you look at the image, you'll notice that the network cable doesn't have as many twists as the shadow in the shape of a snake. Dunces.

Besides, I went wireless long ago.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    Besides, I went wireless long ago.

The borg are behind the curve as ever.

• carla
    carla

marking, thank you!

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Since when did the WT follow it's own advice. They are going full tilt in fear when it comes to the internet to the R&F. But in the back ground that is the main tool they use to control everything they own. At the elders school they now have talks on the usage of their internet sites for elders. Yes that 69 Awake had a big effect on my life. It gave my parents another excuse not to be responsible for my education. The cult won that day. The more I read the sicker I get about the WT cult. Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit