Today's WT lesson: Desperate for more MS. How many get appointed 1 yr after baptism?

by Open mind 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• man in black
  • av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

One year ???? Wow.

Mid to late 90's I had to do stuff like this just to hold the damn microphones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV75jlYcDLc

• dissed
    dissed

We used to say at Bethel a Spanish Elder could barely qualify as an English MS. The point being that a liberal understanding of the qualifications might be necessessary depending upon the need. The 'one year, resoanable meeting of the qualifications' is a very liberal take compared to the prior understanding.

As a new Elder, I can rememeber wanting to recommend a one year person and was read the riot act by the other Elders that it could ruin the brother being so soon. Things have changed. I guess "Desperate times call for desparate measusres"

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Dissed, that's funny. In the US, I know of many brothers that went to Spanish Congregations just to get appointed since they couldn't in their English speaking congregations. Because brothers here illegally could not be MS or elder, they were always short of "qualified" brothers, so any that were legal got the nod.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

I can see it. Especially since in many Kingdom Halls I've visited in the past 2 yrs, including my own...there's a lot of elders doing the sound and carring mics. younger bros are there, but I guess their FS time is lacking.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

OM, I am so proud of you and happy for you. While we have taken differing paths, I am glad I was that cricket on your shoulder. I know you didn't need me prodding you to do something, you were so active in your goals. I am just thrilled that it worked out.

Remember folks, a "fade" is only a fade if you actually do some fading. That means setting goals to be visible less and less. Even a little at a time eventually leads you totally "out" of the Kingdom Hall. And for those of you that feel forced to stay visible, strength to you and I hope you find some peace.

Paul spoke to Jesus ONCE and was made apostle as soon as he could see again a few days later.

LOL at EP. HA! Don't let WTS start getting ideas.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

In our congo our PO (now Overlord of the Body of Elders) got the 3rd talk slip last week. He rejected it saying he was going to be out of town. They've been grooming some other kids (14 & 18 yo included) to get into it, the rest is unqualified, the ones that already are are technically also unqualified thus non-MS'es are doing MS'es work.

In the other congo, at least one elder is being demoted because of FS time and others have been taken down because they were fully unqualified. There is a rich kid (pyramid scheme that got the PO some extra cash) that got to be MS 6 months after baptism and family of one of the elders got to be MS 2 months after getting married, 6 months after restrictions were lifted.

All those are getting approved by the Bethel rubber stamp facility so the entry levels are much lower than back in the day.

• flipper
    flipper

This is just another sign the WT society is getting desperate for men to reach out for MS or elder positions. I mean- Whatever happeed to the Biblical advice as to being " tested for fitness first " ? I think it really doesn't matter to the WT society. They just want a warm, live body in the position . Not a carcass . Although they all end up being mindless carcasses in time anyway. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen
    Especially since in many Kingdom Halls I've visited in the past 2 yrs, including my own...there's a lot of elders doing the sound and carring mics

I've seen this at the congregation that I'm going to right now. Some meetings the young bothers do the mics and other meeting the 64 year old C.O.T.B.E does the mics. Years ago brothers were climbing over themselfs to be made M.S's, but things change.

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Our family knows two that were appointed pio. in one year, and MS's by the second year.

The 1st was a carbon copy of his beloved teacher-bud, only he lived w/mom; teach w/grandma.

His mom moved them out of state, we heard from him a year later; but not anymore.

The 2nd was a real fun guy if you didn't talk about family responsibilities keeping you from FS.

This one moved to an Asian sex trade country, married a skinny sister right after she turned 19,

6 months later the NY Bethel accepts his application as their representative; entitled: "special pioneer."

This was happening during the thick of the "Silent Lambs" battle with WTB&TS over it's member's sex crimes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit