An open letter to the Governing Body: Go F*ck Yourselves.

by EntirelyPossible 103 Replies latest social family

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I might be winning...

Sounding good . . . making normal plans . . . setting normal goals . . . having normal dreams to reach for.

It's not easy to rip those out once they take root EP

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I really hope, for many of us, that the real love we have for our kids will save them from the lie.

Aussie, I am following the story with your kids pretty closely. I saw your post about the internet history and talk with your kids the other day. I am a few years behind you, my oldest will be a teenager in about a year and half, I am sure I have your struggles and issues coming up. I think the only difference is that their mom doesn't demonize or put me down.

Let me know how it goes. I am in pretty much the same boat as you (if not the same boat, we are charting nearly the same course). I just want them to have the choice, made freely of guilt from a BS religion or their parents, to live their life as they want.

Sounding good . . . making normal plans . . . setting normal goals . . . having normal dreams to reach for.

Bingo. Neither of them really thinks or says, at least, when they are with me, that Bethel or being an elder is their goal. It's being an astronomer or vulcanologist for one of them (the more sciency one) or a golfer or mountain climber or pilot (obviously the more sportsy one). All of those are normal and, I think, if I give them support and love and enouragement then it will be harder and harder for them to abandon their dreams.

I am doing all I can to prevent them from getting baptized. They rarely go out in field service, they were trying to figure out how to sleep during the convention without getting caught the other day. As is normal for kids, they are bored to tears with the meetinngs and assemblies and no surprise, I am encouraging that and anything thing else that will get their mind off of it...football, tennis, basketball, golf, archery, hunting, going to a movie, going camping, a Bahamas trip, a NYC trip, hiking, fishing.... anything but going to the meetings or the JWs.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    they were trying to figure out how to sleep during the convention without getting caught the other day

LOL! Doesn't every JW kid?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

BP, yesterday they were asking me to google "how to sleep with your eyes open". I told them the best trick I know, turn slightly to the side, open the Bible and prop your head up like you are paying attention and then snooze for 15 minutes.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I absolutely love this thread. It's sad, but I've learned a lot.

Thanks, EP...

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Thanks, NeverKnew.

As an update, my kids are identifying less and less as a JW. They openly celebrated Christmas with us (my tree with an old Soviet sickle and hammer as a tree-topper, Doctor Who, Star Wars, sports, booze and Kiss ornaments), absolutely LOVED celebrating their birthday and have finally figured out that they don't have to follow their mom's rules when they are at my house.

They love listening to metal, are laughing at things like the Tebow/Jesus sketch on SNL, watching Merlin and reading books like Harry Potter and the Percy Jackson series, openly acknowledge the truth about evolution, have non-JW friends, etc.

I wrote that at a low point, but I am not there anymore, not by a long shot. I worked hard to NOT be there.

I think I am winning.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

good bump NeverKnew.. I never knew..

and EP.. great read... WOW..

edit to note: I woke up because of my kid too. unlike you I still believed it.. but thought it wrong to teach it to kids so, decided to wait till she was older to tell her how Jehovah wa going to KILL everyone SOON.. so 22 years later I need to tell why daddy never celebrated .. then I had been out so long I had to look for myself.. I just told her the JW stuff was raised in is BS .. stick with your moms religion.. I'm sorry I missed out on all your brithdays..

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Reading that was therapeutic.

Your thread title made me laugh, love it.

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

Wow your son came along way in just a year. Good work.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I think I am winning.

The Watchtower puts up a hefty fight especially when defending what they consider their young. Their main strength is putting their opponents through the long haul so that they tire out and eventually submit. I have seen it time and time again growing up a JW. Everybody always fights, but not everybody wins that fight and losing means total servitude. I applaud your perseverance, EP. However, the ride isn't over yet, I'm afraid. This is a battle of consciousness.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit