Annoying JW Vegan....

by lalaa 49 Replies latest jw friends

• lalaa
    lalaa

My co-worker is a vegan and JW constantly talks about how healthy she is...blah, blah, blah....all day long and she's getting on my last nerve.

She's always posting how meat is murder on facebook and how all meat eaters are sooo uneducated. Funny since she dropped out of home schooling and never recieved her GED. (as for her working where I work...I'm wayyyy above her on the food chain)

So when she was going off about some animal rights/vegan activast (who chains himself to cars and is always causing a scene) is so awesome since he stands up for what he believes in. I then said it's not up to men to change the world and that she needs to rely on Jehovah and wait on him to put these evil things to an end. Of course I was being a total sarcastic a-hole and she knew it...She laughed it off and said that we can end it now.

Since I don't remember any scriptures does anyone know some that I could use to make her shut her mouth.

note: if someone choses to be vegetarian, vegan, or whatever...I'm really cool about it, we are all different. Who am I to judge. It's just when people push their beliefs on me is when I get ticked off...

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Matthew 15:10-18

That goes into the mouth does not defile a man but what comes out (words). I use this with vegans when they judge meat eaters. I just don't tell them it was jesus who said it.

• goddidit
    goddidit

I thought JWs believed god said it's ok to eat meat after the flood?

• cantleave
    cantleave

How does she reconcile Jehovah's ordering of millions of Animal sacrifices?

• carla
    carla

Gen 9:3 Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.

1Timothy 4:4-5 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.

Romans 14:1-23 As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. ...

1 Cor. 10:25 Eat whatever is sold in the meat market without raising any question on the ground of conscience.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Trying to talk sense with a vegan zealot is very similar to talking to a newly converted JW.

They think they know it all, but when you start asking questions you soon realise that there is a whole bunch of stuff that they need to know to stay healthy that they haven't found out about, or are ignoring.

• blondie
    blondie

*** g97 8/8 pp. 18-20 Is It Wrong to Eat Meat? ***

The Bible’s Viewpoint Should a Christian Be a Vegetarian?

As shown in the foregoing, the question of becoming a vegetarian—or remaining one—is strictly a matter for individual decision. Because of health, economics, ecology, or compassion for animals, a person may choose to follow a vegetarian regimen. But he must recognize it as only one way of eating. He should not criticize those who choose to eat meat, just as one who eats meat should not condemn a vegetarian. Eating meat or refraining from it does not make one a better person. (Romans 14:1-17) Neither should one’s diet become the prime concern in his life. "Man must live," Jesus said, "not on bread alone, but on every utterance coming forth through Jehovah’s mouth."—Matthew 4:4.

*** g76 6/8 pp. 12-15 Should Those Who Worship God Be Vegetarians? ***

From the foregoing it is clear that the slaying of animals to serve human need is not against the will of God. His Word, however, does encourage showing consideration for animals. (Prov. 12:10) But it does not require us to "love" animals to the extent of putting them on the same level as humans. Why, while Adam and Eve were still in the garden of Eden, God apparently caused animals to be slain to provide coverings for them.(Gen. 3:21-23) In particular does it seem to show a lack of balance for persons to crusade energetically against the killing of animals for food while having no objection to blood-spilling wars that cause untold misery, hardship, suffering and death to millions of men, women and children, by means of guns, torpedos and bombs.

To the question, ‘Should worshipers of God be vegetarians?’ the answer must be that it is an individual, personal matter. If a person is convinced of the value of it from the standpoint of cost, economics or health, and finds it practical, he may adopt a vegetarian regimen. But he cannot find ethical support for his restricted diet in God’s Word. If he becomes involved in that aspect of vegetarianism, he is losing sight of God’s way of viewing things.

What is important today is not whether one eats meat or not. Rather, it is whether one is worshiping the true God Jehovah with spirit and truth, in the way that He sets out in his Word, the Holy Bible. Jesus Christ illustrated that way for us. He ministered to the needs of people, humans, both materially and spiritually, but especially spiritually, for, as he said, "Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every utterance coming forth through Jehovah’s mouth." His is the example all true worshipers of God will want to follow.—Matt. 4:4; John 4:24.

• metatron
    metatron

I love animals.

They taste so good.

metatron

• creativespirit
    creativespirit

From an almost vegan.....

Having read Kathy Freston's "The Veganist" a couple of months ago and other books since (like "Skinny Bitch" and "Skinny Bitch in the Kitch", I am now well on my way to becoming totally vegan and actually loving the change.

I was convinced and converted by the facts and statistics presented, and pretty shocked at learning how our food gets to the table, the deplorable and inhumane treatment of animals for the sake of the almighty dollar, and filthy conditions in the slaughterhouses (stuff like workers urinating and vomiting openly in slaughter areas -- stuff like 90% of chickens inspected contain fecal contamination, etc, etc).

That having been said, after being JW pioneer for a number of years and being totally wrong about that, I do not believe in pushing my beliefs on anyone. If asked I will answer, but people do not make changes until and only if they are ready. I certainly never thought I would be making this change having survived on high protein/low carb regimens for most of my life.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

What Cantleave said...........see what shes got to say to that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit