"Overlapping generation" explanation - TRANSCRIBED EXTRACT from Friday's talk (DC 2011-12)

by AnnOMaly 149 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• therevealer
  • Mary
    Mary

no no NO! My god, what passes for prophecy these days?

This is actual footage (no pun intended) of the feet that were mixed partly of clay and of dog pooh, as spoken of by Daniel the prophet. Note the overlappidousness of the toes. The smaller one represents the annointed that were um...anointified by 1914. The bigger toe represents younger annointed ones (who we have verified throught the August Watchtower, are mentally and/or emotionally deranged) who will live to see The End. We now have four lines of evidence as proof positive that The End is nigh!!

• Open mind
    Open mind

My son stumbled upon this timely pic last night.

Kudos to Torn In Two Son.

• flipper
    flipper

Once again the WT society uses a tricky method of getting JW's to believe that a " generation " of school aged children separated by 10 years or so is the same as a " generation " of overlapping 90 year olds and young 5 year old children ! What dizzying intellect ! NOT.

The statement : " Even though our ages differed, we were collectively known as 'school age children ' . We were all part of the same generation of students. Obviously the older ones finished their course, even while the younger ones were just starting out. " OF COURSE we were all part of the same school age generations - the length of time in school is 12 years you WT society DOLTS ! A generation is 25 to 30 years ! But to compare THAT to 90 year old GB members still being alive when 5 year old Tom, Nancy, or Frank start attending meetings and calling THEM the same overlapping generation is absolute , pure insanity ! God almighty- I need a rocket launcher to stick up some GB member's A$$ ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

So in the WTS. rational wisdom anyone born in 1914 and thereafter is one generation all together, continuing for infinity.

The WTS has literally made up their own definition of the word generation.

This had to come about for they were pressed to cover over their bogus 1914 doctrine.

Good bullshit done religiously.

Its a religious organization responsibility to create doctrines palpable for the awaiting public and the WTS. has been doing this to attract attention

to their literature and to lure the naive.

The WTS is quite cunning in how they self interpret bible scripture to suit their own means, but thats their job when you think about it.

Man thats power !

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Wait for the New Light after 2014 + and beyond

• designs
    designs

The Writing Committee confirmed with Harold Camping and they all agree its Coming Soon......

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

They will never give up on "Armageddon is coming SOON!" It's the foundation of their power, which is what they crave (consciously or unconsciously) the most. They are addicted to it like a meth-head.

"Never" is a long time. And Armageddon coming soon is not the only "stick" they wield. DFing doesn't work because people are afraid of Jehovah destroying them at Armageddon, it works because of the shunning. As long as they have Borganizational shunning and its accompanying eternal damnation they still wield power. Plus, they could also make up some other crap as punishment instead of Armageddon.

We can discuss this prediction again in 25-30 years. If it doesn't happen by 2050 I'll buy you a dinner at a nice mediocre restaurant, how's that sound? I'll be old but hopefully not dead at that time.

• rbs
    rbs

• rbs
    rbs

How about the anointed that have been around scince the first century!... How can that generation of annointed OVERLAP with the anointed today?.....seems like 3 generations..to me...help

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit