Parroting in the meetings

by dgp 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The parroting coments anoyed me. We just read that! you want to repeat it again?!

But then conductor commends commentor for their very infomative comment (as though they had miraculously said something meaningful of their own!)

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

A Jehovah's Witness perched on the "Faithful Slave."

• Glander
    Glander

True story - When I was the WT study conductor I called on an older brother who rarely commented. When the microphone got to him he proclaimed, loudly and clearly, "I agree with the Watchtower comments!". He seemed emotionally moved and pleased with his proclamation.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I noticed that there was way too much just reading back that part of the paragraph. I would generally try to dissect it a bit, perhaps adding something to the answer or creating a new illustration that did the same thing the stock illustration in the washtowel did. Back before around 1998, it was tolerated because it did make things seem fresher than the same worn-out stock answers. I did notice a few that would always add 15 minute stories that had little to do with the paragraph.

But, the just reading the answer problem has been getting worse since 1998. Comments have to be shorter now. And they have been getting stricter on people that use their own illustrations, even if they enhance the crap ones the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger gives. You use the stock illustration, the stock example, the stock answer--and add nothing to it. Trying to add a better illustration (and mine were as often as not better than what was provided) would win you a one-way, all-expenses-paid trip to the back room these days. And I have been noticing that the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger has been structuring things to prevent original comments lately--shorter parts, less time, stricter rules. Somehow, I think this is going to get a lot worse.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

I refuse to comment. It's just too stupid. Another exercise in futility.

"Jehovah has wonderfully designed our brains and has given us creative talents! Let's show our appreciation for this by never using them!"

"Hooooray!!!!!!"

• godrulz
    godrulz

They do not have Bible discussion, just indoctrination. If God gave an individual insight, they should be able to share it. Paul talks about each bringing a song, Scripture, etc., not passively regurgitating Orwellian group think.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    They do not have Bible discussion, just indoctrination.

Yes.

And for "discussion", read "study". They don't know what a Bible study actually is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit