Major of Cordova, Alabama refuses FEMA trailers for homeless tornado victims because he says they're too ugly.

by Terra Incognita 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Should anyone be surprised

that this morally torpid major is so religious?

Jack Scott moves the debris from pews in the sanctuary on Friday, May 6, 2011 in Cordova, Ala.

A tornado destroyed their sanctuary when it ripped through the area last week.

Home sweet home ala Republican.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6x3kvhQF_0

• sabastious
    sabastious

People are people, the man's just caught up in his own mind he forgets that basic truth. It's a pity he just so happens to have some power. Off with his head (figuratively) and be done with it.

-Sab

• NeckBeard
    NeckBeard

Cordova, population 2423.

United States, Population 308,745,538.

Barack Hussein Obama - Cruel-hearted

President of USA

magine the response from the Federal government if the entire state of Maryland, all of it, was engulfed in a gigantic, uncontrolled wildfire. And the next week, all of Rhode Island was burned to a crisp… More than two million acres of land burned, 400 homes destroyed and at least two firefighters lost their lives trying to stop the worst wildfires in almost one hundred years.

Do you think the President would be visiting the area, declaring it a ‘disaster’ and providing truckloads of aid and support? Of course he would.

But this is not about Maryland or Rhode Island. This is about the state of Texas. Since January, Texas has been experiencing a drought like nothing they have seen in a century. The lack of rain and dry brush have created ideal conditions for wildfires. And the state has not really hit the peak of ‘wildfire season.’

The current details on the Texas Wildfires:

• Two firefighters have died battling the wildfires
    • 2.2 million acres burned in over 7000 different fires
    • 400+ homes destroyed

Governor Rick Perry has requested that the state be declared a Federal disaster area, which would allow them to access needed financial assistance. This request was first delayed and then denied.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

From the OP link:

"Let the people have a place to live," he said. To make matters worse, he said, the city is imposing a mean double standard when it refuses to let residents live in FEMA trailers but is using a nearly identical structure for police headquarters.
    Scott said the city can use small trailers because it's for the common good.
    "It's temporary and we know it's temporary," said the mayor. "We're trying to provide services for everyone."

Something tells me Mayor Scott's home was untouched by the storms. I wonder, if he'd been personally affected, would a waiver...now be in place???

Below the full story quoted at the link -- read the comments! I hope NightLine, 20/20, etc run with this story.

The best comment I saw was:

Mayor Scott - "I don't feel guilty," he said. "I can look anyone in the eye."
    Poster - "Most con-men can."
  • Alfred
  • Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Mary, I m ade a boo boo when I googled Jack Scott's image. My bad.

• Mary
    Mary

Hmmmm.....the guy looks uncannily like Boss Hogg..........

Sorry folks, but here's a picture of the real Mayor of Cordova, Jack Scott:

Taking a tough stance: Jack Scott, Mayor of Cordova in Alabama, says single-wide trailers are banned in the town and the rules cannot be changed. Of course, he has waived the rule for the police (behind him)

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

My apologies to all for googling the wrong image under Jack Scott.

T.I.

• Mary
    Mary

No worries T.I. The guys' still an asshole of the first order no matter what he looks like. He said: "...The law is the law, he said, and a tornado isn't any reason to change it."

Wow! Sounds uneerily like the WTS's pathetic reasoning for not allowing blood transfusions.

The world is full of assholes and I hope the people of Cordova have their torches lit for this moron.

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Mary:"The world is full of assholes and I hope the people of Cordova have their torches lit for this moron."

Mary; did you see the video I posted? Do you think they're serious. I wonder if anyone volunteered?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit