Are more long standing JW's leaving?

by cantleave 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Haven't been to the KH in about 3 years. Divorced my JW husband and now labled Crazy Apostate! It's fun watching the scared JW's in my town running from me. I'm so scarrrryyy!

• metatron
    metatron

Have fun with it, Found Sheep. Sneak up behind them and yell, "Boogah Boogah !".

metatron

• cantleave
    cantleave

Found sheep I know where you are coming from. Since leaving I have my hair cut REALLY short, have grown a goatee and wear Tee Shirts with rock bands.

I am just going through the teenage years I was never allowed to have (at 44), but I think the old congregation members think I have been taken by Satan. The truth is I still play guitar badly and haven'y been blessed with lear jets and mansions, so Satan isn't blessing me.

I have seen a few witnesses since leaving and have noticed that they speed their walk up if if they recognise me - run JW run!!!!

• wobble
    wobble

I get to give the JW's palpitations too when they see me, Tee Hee.

Do you want a case for that Air Guitar Cantleave ? JW's supply one, it is a hot-air one.

Back on topic, I just heard that a whole family have left, they are 2nd and 3rd generation Dubs, he was an Elder doing talks at the C.A etc. their leaving will make waves.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Is that in your neck of the woods Wobble?

• wobble
    wobble

yea, Kent family, hubby wife and kids, brave move, so many of their family ,on both sides still in.

I don't think anybody would know them outside of the County,and I won't stick names on here of course, but it is just an indication that your O.P is right, and I hope that more high profile JW's leave.

I am sure that with the Internet and the support it offers in addition to the information, many more will find the courage, and honesty, to do so.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I love waves!

• cult classic
    cult classic

We're in a large midwest JW city with lots of JW history. I wish I could say more long-standing JWs are leaving. Here it's just not the case. The JWs are going strong as ever. No matter the new light. I hope to report something different one day.

• mythreesons
    mythreesons

Back on topic, I just heard that a whole family have left, they are 2nd and 3rd generation Dubs, he was an Elder doing talks at the C.A etc. their leaving will make waves.

That fits me and my family to a T. Then I saw you were in the UK. Good for them and the waves that may just wake someone else up! :)

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

Good observation SC. I think it would be fair to say that more long standing JWs are MENTALLY LEAVING. They are there in body, but that's it. And frankly, they are not there in body as regularly as they used to be. HUGE problem with meeting attendance everywhere. Our circuit, meeting attendance 20-25% lower than publisher count.

So many have left mentally.

Regarding living a Lie and the blood issue, many will acdcept blood and say they are christian on their forms. The elders will never know.

I personally told someone that this many years ago, I said that this is what I would do. THEY eventually did it opon having a hip replacement surgery, a pioneer MS took blood. ....I found out years later that he did this when he thanked me for the advise.........

I think many in their 40s are aware of the flawed doctrines, but really, arn't all religions flawed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit