What If The Bible Had Never Existed???

by ziddina 82 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Also from the above article I posted the link for:

Going back to the most primitive people, the Pygmies of Africa or the central Australians or the central Californian Indians--all have one Supreme Sky God to Whom they make offerings of their blood and their first fruits taken in the hunt or from the soil. All these peoples also have short prayers with, here and there, ceremonies, to the Supreme Creator God before Whom nothing existed.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Then we would NEVER learn from our mistakes. ..."

Really?

So you rely on the words of Bronze-Age Middle-Eastern sheepherders to guide you in your daily life?

Since the bible is only around 3,500 years old, what would your ancestors from 4,000 to 5,000 years ago, have to say about your current belief system??

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Zidd, keep in mind that there is a possibility that you might learn more if you're open to more.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yeah, Flying High Now...

I just checked the home page of that site...

Here's the declared mission:

These 60 Doorway Papers and 6 books present

unique connections between

scientific research and biblical understanding

bringing together faith and reason.

You're still bringing relatively recent monotheistic sources into this discussion.

Maybe you'd better research your most ancient ancestors???

• ziddina
    ziddina

Remember, people...

The premise of this thread is: "What If The Bible Had Never EXISTED???"

Bringing biblical references into this thread shows that you haven't quite grasped the concept....

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    You're still bringing relatively recent monotheistic sources into this discussion.
    Maybe you'd better research your most ancient ancestors???

Zidd, the first quote I gave you was from a book by Flinders Petrie. He was a pioneer in the modern methods of archeology. Look at what he discovered about each Egyptian city having its own god. It is his theory that gods multiply with each generation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flinders_Petrie

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

you might notice my post had NOTHING to do with beliefs or religion.

seems like you just want to fight.

and not just with me.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Zidd, the quotes I gave you are not Biblical, they are archeological. Flinders Petrie is not the host of that site, he is simply someone who is quoted by the author of the article.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Snowbird, you do realize that the Great Pyramid is at least 1,500 years OLDER than the bible??

I must disagree, Ziddy.

The pre-Flood patriarchs kept histories that were later codified into the Bible. According to the Bible, Ham, son of Noah, is the progenitor of the Egyptians.

Oops, one of your conditions is non-Biblical support, isn't it?

According to The Book of Jasher ...

There may have been a few Ethiopian stragglers from Egypt, however... I'd have to look that up in a reputable archaeological source.

LOL.

You're a mess! A likeable one, though.

S

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Snowbird, you do realize that the Great Pyramid is at least 1,500 years OLDER than the bible??

I must disagree, Ziddy.

The pre-Flood patriarchs kept histories that were later codified into the Bible. According to the Bible, Ham, son of Noah, is the progenitor of the Egyptians.

Oops, one of your conditions is non-Biblical support, isn't it?

According to The Book of Jasher ...

There may have been a few Ethiopian stragglers from Egypt, however... I'd have to look that up in a reputable archaeological source.

LOL.

You're a mess! A likeable one, though.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit