Genetic evidence for "macroevolution"?

by fodeja 14 Replies latest jw friends

• rem
    rem

ThiChi,

Can you imagine trying to improve a computer program, to give it new, more complex functions, by relying on copying mistakes?
    I guess you've never run the computer program "Tierra" on your machine. It does exactly that. This technique has also been used to create analog circuit boards so complex that humans can't even understand how they work!

rem

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain
  • freeman
    freeman

ThiChi,
    Accept reality, accept evolution; it’s real, it can be demonstrated, and it’s observable by the naked human eye. And most of all, ITS NOT A THREAT TO GOD! Give him credit for inventing it if you wish, but don’t close your eyes to the overwhelming evidence of its existence because it takes you from your comfort zone.

Don’t be like the idiots at the scopes monkey trial that found the poor man guilty; not because of what he presented was false, but because of what he presented was SEEN AS A THREAT to the communities belief system.

Who said the opening chapters of Genesis are meant to be taken literally? Is there a footnote that I missed that said the following chapters are not allegorical? Who says Adam & Eve were literal? I’ll tell you who, Bible thumpers, the Watch Tower etc. So who died and made them the experts? Get my point? You can have a God based belief system AND acknowledge the realities that science presents too, they are not mutually exclusive. Ok, now getting back down off my soapbox.

PS: You guys could be a bit nicer to ThiChi, as it is a very hard thing to adjust ones thinking. REMEMBER?

Freeman

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

freeman:

Thanks for your thoughts and compassion in this matter. I will freely admit I am dealing with the implications of belief in Evolution. However, I see many viewpoints pro/con regarding evolution that need at least an honest debate. As an example, some are stuck on the computer analogy given, while you can read the example many ways, some here want to only pick the analogy apart, without considering the very powerful facts of the main point. I notice that this tactic is so common with the pro-evolution viewpoints, however, if you add up all the misinformation/mistakes evolution has provided us in the recent past, you can plainly see the double standard.

I am finding that many of the "players" in this field are not forth coming on their findings. Read Forbidden Archeology: The Hidden History of the Human Race. "This book shows that archaeologists and anthropologists, over the past one hundred and fifty years, have accumulated vast amounts of evidence showing that humans like ourselves have existed on this planet for tens of millions of years. We show how this evidence has been suppressed, ignored, and forgotten because it contradicts generally-held ideas about human evolution."

"However, the implications of a deep-rooted belief in Darwinism, the unavoidable practice of peer reviews for scientific journals, the few well-known cases of evidence suppressed or twisted by academic institutions, and the utterly subjective nature of all sciences which pretend to account for our true nature and raison d'être, have given rise to a very heated debate on the possible existence of worldwide conspiracies and powerful groups of mischievous academicians. Such debates, though they must happen, often lead our attention away from the intellectual revision required by discoveries such as those discussed in Cremo and Thompson's "Forbidden Archeology - The Hidden History of the Human Race". Of course, there's no denying that conspiracies and falsifications of History have occurred and may still occur (sometimes even providentially!), but I think readers should be careful not to get caught up too much in the unwholesome anxiety such speculations are prone to produce""

Go to http://www.mcremo.com/index.htm

Who really knows?

Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once - Buckaroo Bonsai

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

ThiChi,

I think that evolution is what the Bible in the first chapter of Genesis is all about.

I used to be 1/2 and 1/2 on the threory but atfer more thought and research I have no doubt that Gradualisium(evolution) was the method God used.

I feel our time, and Gods time are way different, and evolution takes alot of time to us, but very quick in God's eyes.

Evolution by God is to me awe inspiring.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • Moxy
    Moxy

the original article feels a bit dumbed down. does anyone know if they are talking about homeobox genes? thats what it sounds like?

mox

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit