Sunday Drama-"Young Ones-Be Discreet and Wise"

by CaptainSchmideo 47 Replies latest jw friends

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

That sounds wonderful. Have you thought about writing dramas?

Your version almost makes me want to go on Sunday (then again......)

• snowbird
    snowbird

Lordy, Lordy.

Another pile of guilt on young JW's.

The account of Joseph shows him depressed, marking the anniversary of his dead mother, Rebekah.

That would be Rachel. Rebekah was his grandmother.

Syl

• fortis et liber
    fortis et liber

That's the best drama re-cap e.v.e.r.

My blood started to boil around the detective-elders bit -- made me think of the harassment I endured from 'my' elders whilst trying to make my escape....I remember one phone call I received while at work it went something like this "Ah yes, so, you were recently spotted as a passenger in the car...of a man...driving down I-95. Can you confirm that this is true or, do you deny that you were alone in the car with this man?" Ugh, I wish I told them to go %$ck themselves! Creeps.

• sd-7
    sd-7

HtSlt: "So, Timmy...how would you like to hang out tonight? I'm thinking maybe we should, you know, hook up? [Coy laugh] Would you like that?"

Timmy: "Uh...no thanks. I'm sure you know that I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and the Bible tells us to 'flee from fornication'."

HtSlt [laughs]: "Oh, THAT old book? Why don't you just...do what feels right? I know I'd feel right if we're together tonight...so what do you say, Timmy?"

Timmy: "Nnno!! I'm getting out of here!" [Drops books and runs for it]

Later that night....

Timmy [praying]: "Oh, Jehovah...today I felt SO tempted by that girl at school. I'm worried that something is wrong with my spiritual focus. Please help me to keep my mind on 'whatever things are chaste' so as not to succumb to the temptations of the flesh. Jehovah, you have always, always been there to protect and strengthen me. I trust in you above all..."

Meanwhile, on the other side of town....

HtSlt: "'Hey, Facebook fans! Guess who I just hooked up tonight! Innocent little Timmy! It was AMAZING! OMG! He was soooo good! LOL!' And Post! [Evil laugh] You're going to have quite the day at school on Monday, Timmy. No one says no to me!"

Monday...

Jock 1: "Yo, Timmy! Way to score with Brittany, huh? Was it goooood?"

Timmy: "What are you talking about?"

Jock 2: "Keepin' it on the DOWN LOW, huh? I'm cool with that! I won't tell a soul!" [Laughs]

Tuesday night, at the Kingdom Hall:

Elder 1: "Timmy, we've gotten a disturbing report that suggests you may have committed fornication. Of course we know you love Jehovah, but we have to investigate any serious accusations that are reported in the congregation. So, where were you on the night of May 20th?"

Timmy: "I was at home, studying."

Elder 2: "So you weren't involved with anyone at school?"

Timmy: "No! Of course not! Where did you hear something like this?"

Elder 2: "Someone has posted about it on a social networking site. Suddenly, the Internet is trustworthy when an accusation is made about a faithful member of the congregation, so long as it's not against the faithful slave or accusing an elder of child molestation. So, we'd like to meet with you. We're not here to punish you, we just want to share some scriptures with you in the hopes of correcting your thinking."

Timmy: "But brothers! I didn't do anything!"

Elder 3: "So you still feel that you're innocent. We'll inform you of our decision shortly. Will you excuse us for a moment?"

...Now that's how it could really go. Look at how reliable the INTERNET suddenly is!! When this good kid is accused of sin, suddenly it's totally trustworthy and prompts an elder investigation! WOW! What a hypocritical concept!

--sd-7

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Absolutely Correct, Syl!

Rachel, Rebekah. I was in a alliterative frame of mind. Thanks for your correction! However, now I feel that this will be seized upon as a wrong detail, and thereby making the entire posting suspect.

Sd-7, you're dialogue in the first part was spot on! You must have seen it as well! Or you are a very good guesser!

• sd-7
    sd-7

I've seen enough dramas over the years to know what they'd probably say. I haven't seen it, but there's a good chance I will in a couple of months. Should be fun!

--sd-7

• pirata
    pirata

Thanks for the recap!

I found it bizarre that they used the phrase "discreet and wise" as this is usually applied to the faithful slave. Maybe Timmy can start partaking of the emblems now that he's proven to be discreet and wise?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Well all I can say is - Thank F*** I'm not going!

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Where were these girls when I was in High School? Seriously the ones that take it as a challenge to nail the quiet, innocent ones. I think I was a JW at the wrong time...

The worst part about this scenario is that the older JWs are saying "Wow this could really happen, how scary".

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilBJpvzcIJg

This is the song Timmy could have been singing....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit