Resigned

by Franklin Massey 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

I finally resigned as an elder. My conscience wouldn't allow me to continue. I've battled for years trying to reconcile the fallacies of the WT Society with my own personal beliefs. I followed the Society's formula for those with doubts: Pray, study, meditate, service, meetings, "priveleges," repeat. Their plan backfired.

The more I prayed for God to help, the more I realized how childish and selfish my requests of (and belief in) a personal Father-like God who has chosen JWs as his special property were.

The more I poured myself into study, the more problems I found with WT doctrine.

The more I meditated, the more the mind control of the WT began to lose its hold on me.

The more I went in service, the more my conscience bothered me. How could I try to convert people to a religion that I don't even believe in?

The more I payed attention to meetings, assemblies, and conventions, the more I became troubled by the heavy persuasive tactics used to keep the followers in line.

The more responsibilities I took on in the congregation, the greater the distance became between me and the people I love the most. I was really just trying to keep myself busy as a distraction from the real issues I was having with my faith.

I can honestly say that, in trying to resolve my issues, I did things by the book, at least in the way the Society has set out for appointed men. I am a born-in with lots of family and friends in the Org. I wanted everything I believed as a JW to be right. But I was wrong and I had to face it. I am drastically reducing the amount of time and energy I put toward the Org. I don't know where I'll end up in relation to JWs but as for now, I'm heading toward a low activity/partial fade status.

Oh, and I am happier now than I have been in years.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

You are truly an "honest-hearted" person. It's ironic that we claim to be searching for honest-hearted people and yet those who really are intellectually honest end up seeing the discrepancies and unScriptural manipulation techniques and leave. Those with courage, that is.

Congratulations for being so brave.

• diamondiiz
  • Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Welcome to life! I hope your fade works and you don't loose your family. It takes a brave soul to stop and admit you WERE wrong and need to change! Good for you!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I can honestly say that, in trying to resolve my issues, I did things by the book, at least in the way the Society has set out for appointed men. I am a born-in with lots of family and friends in the Org. I wanted everything I believed as a JW to be right. But I was wrong and I had to face it. I am drastically reducing the amount of time and energy I put toward the Org. I don't know where I'll end up in relation to JWs but as for now, I'm heading toward a low activity/partial fade status.

I feel (share) your pain.

• snowbird
  • Giordano
    Giordano

I respect your feelings and your decision to step away from a position of authority. Your concern for others (one reason you mentioned for staying in) and your concern to not mislead people out in service had you doing an exhausting balancing act. No wonder you feel better......... you got off the high wire. Now you'll have to engineer your departure from the WT circus.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Going through almost the exact same thing right now, my friend. Almost the same exact strategy, too. We'll both be fading over the next months or so and I'll buy you a beer on the other side.

MF

• fortis et liber
    fortis et liber

Very brave of you, indeed; stay strong, as you fade you will, no doubt, encounter resistance from the drones. Enjoy your new found and well deserved freedom !

• prophecor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit