Must Read Message I got on youtube....

by Tuesday 27 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It seems I underestimated the effectiveness of this sort of method of reaching out to JWs. It's almost enough to make me want to be involved somehow.

But I am still not sure. I guess I have a sort of fatalistic notion regarding JWs leaving. That pretty much people will leave if and when they are ready. Information, websites and community might aid the exit process but rarely prompt the exit decision. Have I been looking at it wrong?

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    But I am still not sure. I guess I have a sort of fatalistic notion regarding JWs leaving. That pretty much people will leave if and when they are ready. Information, websites and community might aid the exit process but rarely prompt the exit decision. Have I been looking at it wrong?

I wouldn't say necessarily, people with doubts have them pushed over the edge when they see someone talking about their exact doubts then look and see no responses whatsoever to the doubt.

I'll tell you the most famous of my deconversion stories because he's told it and himself is a very well known apostate now. I had a person that wanted to just debate and debate and debate me. Every point he made I would point out how it was a logical fallacy, what the logical fallacy was and why it was not an answer. Finally he said something about how since I wasn't baptized I couldnt' call myself a JW to which I countered with that I was raised a JW, had to be separated in school, and I had even had to take the stand in court affirming I was a JW so a blood transfusion would not be performed in an upcoming operation. I didn't hear from him forever (apparently I had unwittingly blocked him) then I get a message from another account say that he had left.

In between our last discussion, since he couldn't respond to me he finally sat down and started reading about logical fallacies. He was reading the Watchtower in front of the congregation and there was a logical fallacy staring him right in the face. Once he saw one he couldn't stop seeing them in everything he was reading by them and it made him realize what he had wasn't the truth it was just another religion making excuses for it's bad behavior.

I think my series is a bit different than others on youtube because most are saying "JWs are wrong and here's why" which mine are more "Look I don't think this teachings is right, here's the reasons that have given me a doubt, do you have the answer to make this teaching make sense".

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    I'll tell you the most famous of my deconversion stories because he's told it and himself is a very well known apostate now.

Who is it?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    Who is it?

Lars.

ROFL

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

PropagandaTechniques

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

OMG, you certainly woke a sleeping giant, (Propaganda Techniques)! It's so cool to help someone with the truth about the truth and then have them to go on and help others, isn't it?

• Tuesday
    Tuesday
    OMG, you certainly woke a sleeping giant, (Propaganda Techniques)! It's so cool to help someone with the truth about the truth and then have them to go on and help others, isn't it?

I know, he's a bigger apostate than I'll ever be LOL. He's helped alot of people out from what I understand, especially since he's from the Patterson area. I'd love to see like a flowchart or something tracing back people that helped others out of the borg. If it weren't for Doc Bob's site and Steve McRoberts book I might not have left either.

• ambersun
    ambersun

Hopefully I'll get off my lazy ass and make some more soon.

Ooh yes, please do Tim, except I wouldn't call you lazy by any means

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit