Your best one sentence JW comeback contest

by moshe 160 Replies latest jw friends

I am what I am, I'm Popeye the sailor man!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When I was a JW I was told (1) Jehovah sent me blessings for worshipping him but (2) that I'd get persecuted for the same thing. It can't be both. Which is it?

• moshe
    moshe

Goldrulz- if the bait you are using doesn't catch any fish, here are two possible problems- you are using the wrong bait or the fisherman has the wrong technique.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

One problem with JWs is, when discussing their beliefs alot of times you have to show them what they believe and why it's wrong and they won't believe you about either of them.

• moshe
    moshe

You are right Tuesday- a lot of work to get done in 10 minutes! JWs have a short attention span- so it's better to leave them at the door with only one or two ideas- and preferably a topic outside of their field of expertise, so they don't have any ready made canned WT response to parrot back at you.

Hint: Pick talking point subject/topic that comes back a zero in a search of the WT publications CD, Why? That will force the JW to go to the Internet in order to disprove you- and maybe leading them to find out more about the WT. Obviously, most discussions that use the Bible as their basis won't work with this strategy.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Your best one sentence JW comeback contest

Final thought:

Me: Your leaders make prophecy don't they, and they've always been wrong, haven't they?

Them: Well, they are just imperfect men.

Me: Yes, they are. But do you know that Albert Einstein actually have a definition for idiots?

Them: No.

Me: Of course not. You don't read anything other than Watchtower bullshit, so I will enlighten you. Einstein said that an idiot was someone who does the same thing over and over again and keeps hoping for a different result.

Them: So?

Me: Russell prophesied the end of the world and failed more than ONCE!. Rutherford prophesed the end of the world and failed. Franz prophesied the end of the world and failed. Einstein said that an idiot was someone who does the same thing over and over again and keeps hoping for a different result.

Them: you are an apostate.

Me.: You are an IDIOT. Your track record PROVES it. I'd rather be an apostate than a blithering idiot and YOU and your religious masters are blithering idiots. All of Einstein's "theories" have been proven to be TRUE and HE never claimed to speak for God. In fact he was an atheist or at best a Deist. YOU, on the otherhand claim to to be ONLY ones who speak for God, and everything you've predicted has proven to be total bullshit and a LIE.

I could have put that all into one sentence, but it would have been the biggest run-on sentence in history since the Victorian era, anyway.

Sorry.

Farkel

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Where are you going to be 30 years from now?

• godrulz
    godrulz

Serving God here or up there.

• satinka
    satinka

Terra Incongnita wrote:

Where are you going to be 30 years from now?

The JWs would answer, "in paradise," which roughly translated means that sometime between now and 2041, Armageddon will strike.

satinka

• d
    d

If you are the truth then can you really hold up to people having doubts?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit