Gems from the August 15, 2011 WT

by Ultimate Reality 87 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jay88
    jay88

We need a civil rights movement for the anointed outside of Gotham

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    We need a civil rights movement for the anointed outside of Gotham

Please bear with me, I'm going to give my personal opinion, based upon my limited experience.

Reform is NEVER going to happen. The sooner you leave the cult and GET ON with the rest of your life, the BETTER. Every minute spent within WT is a minute that you will not get back, a bad investment, a total loss.

You and I could invent a religion out of thin air that is superior to WT.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I'm with SIAM - how do we know? Doesn't this just open the Governing Body up to suspicion that they might not even be truly anointed. (of course they aren't, but in Watchtower World I mean)

According the the Governing Body, they are probably the only ones without doubt anointed.

• gutted
    gutted

I was thinking of sharing this with my mom, but honestly I don't think it would have any impact at all. Everyone knows that some who partake are not "annointed", all dubs know that.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Maybe we should send a letter to each of the "anointed" we know with a reference to this article. Simply ask in the letter how they feel about the governing body calling them a basket case?

• jworld
    jworld

And from the WT for simple people...:

"But this number may not be the exact number of anointed
    ones on earth. For example, some may have the
    wrong idea about going to heaven because of
    what they believed in the past or because they
    have mental or emotional problems.
    So it is not
    possible to know the exact number of anointed
    ones who are on earth, and we do not need
    to know. The Governing Body does not keep a
    list of the names of everyone who partakes of
    the bread and wine at the Memorial.
    What we do know is that there will be some
    of the anointed “slaves of our God” on earth
    when the great tribulation starts. (Revelation 7:
    1-3) While they are still on earth, the anointed
    are working very hard in the preaching and
    teaching work.
    The annual report tells us what
    Jehovah’s people around the world are doing in
    this most important work in human history."

Looks like they are setting the stage to just ignore the new partakers. Maybe they will get the new ones to stop partaking by getting them to start questioning their mental state.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

For example, some may have the wrong idea about going to heaven because of what they believed in the past or because they have mental or emotional problems

Perhaps when preparing for baptism the candidates should be asked pertinent questions regarding previous Babylonish beliefs and doctrines in order to ascertain whether these have been rejected or not. If not, then they obviously require further indoctrination and until they do should be precluded from baptism.

Spending quality time in close company with some-one will usually ascertain whether they have some sort of mental or emotional problem. Those who do should also be precluded from baptism.

Simples!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

There is a person in my hall that partakes, obviously has some mental issues, and isn't included in the official count.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

The only long term solution that I see to their problem is converting the literal 144,000 to a figurative 144,000. Joyous new light, everybody will rejoice, and back to the fields to preach. Everybody wins.

:-)

-MF31-

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

'So it is not possible to know the exact number of anointed ones who are on earth, and we do not need to know.'

BULLPUCKY: WTBTS in the past always had a need to know the number of annointed as a few of many quotes below reveal (until of course it started to get embarrassing):

. It was observed that only 10,619 individuals partook of the Memorial emblems of wine and unleavened bread, indicating that they were of the anointed class, the remnant of the bride of Christ yet on earth. This number of partakers continues to get smaller and smaller each year.W 1/1/69 pg 26 par 18

10 Also in accord with that fact the number of the anointed remnant of spiritual Israelites who observe the Lord’s Supper gets smaller and smaller. W 12/15/69 pg756 par 9,10

the attendance totaled 4,972,571, of whom only 10,187 professed to be of the anointed “slave” class.W 1/177 pg 14 par13

At their one annual celebration, the Memorial of Jesus Christ’s death, Jehovah’s witnesses had a total attendance of 3,662,407 persons world wide. This celebration was held on the evening of March 29, 1972, after sundown. Of this great number, only 10,350 professed to be anointed followers of Jesus Christ, who hope to be associated with him in heavenly glory. (Luke 12:32; 22:19, 20; Rom. 8:16, 17; Rev. 14:1-4; 20:6) This is less than three tenths of one percent of those in attendance. 1/1/73 p27 par 6.

There are many more quotes like the above that show that WTBTS indeed has always had a need to know the number of remaining anointed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit