LAST OF MY WT IMAGES

by Quentin 43 Replies latest jw friends

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

actually, something can suck without providing anything better... that's like the "where else should we go" thing.

• steve2
    steve2
    someone who actually knows what they're talking about would be able to say something more specific and intelligent than the negative comments I see above

Unless you weren't referring to my criticism, I was quite specific about what I did not like about them. Now, you don't have to agree with my specific comments. However, by jumping in to counter those who you think should either agree with you or shut up, it would be better if you progressed beyond the limp, "Pay no attention to them" type of response.

This is an open forum so, yes, there is an element of risk that what anyone says here can meet with either a round of applause or criticism or complete indifference at times all three. That's neither good nor bad - it's just the way it is.

BTW, if people are just wanting positive responses - and don't really want to know what others genuinely think - it might be a good idea to limit the sharing of their ideas to a few selected friends. Irt's prtobably not a good idea to post here (at the same time, I think it's important to express any view in accord with the forum rules - and disagreeing with someone is not breaking any of those rules).

• Quentin
    Quentin

I have to say that the crude references to pedophilia back-fired badly. The easiest thing in the world is to accuse people - e.g., the JWs - of being pro-pedophiles - a cheap and nasty shot. Dressing the GB up in Nazi regalia has been done to every group imaginable. The milking of the Nazi horrors continues in the 21st century........Steve2

I don't feel the pedophile issue was a crude cheap nasty shot that backfired. Not accusing people of anything. Accusation goes to the gb and their attitude. I took all Nazi insignia off those uniforms and yes the Nazis will continue to be used as an example of total control tyranny for years to come. Perhaps the below image would have made a better point?

• Quentin
    Quentin

Billzfan23 your wt magazine is humorous while making a point. I wouldn't want to spend eternity with that group...J.Hofer where is the undressed guy, couldn't find him?

• Quentin
    Quentin

BTW, if people are just wanting positive responses - and don't really want to know what others genuinely think.....Steve2

I attempt writing as well, the key word is attempt. Posting here gives needed feedback, as you pointed out. That's all I have to say. This turned into an interesting topic, Unexpected on my part, learned some things from it.

• steve2
    steve2

I attempt writing as well, the key word is attempt. Posting here gives needed feedback, as you pointed out. That's all I have to say. This turned into an

interesting topic, Unexpected on my part, learned some things from it.

That's cool Quentin. My words were directed at a couple of posters who seemed unable to get passed the fact that one or two of us had expressed more critical opinions. Your responses though have been thoughtful and non-reactive.

I know from the responses that my own writing has elicited over the years that negative feedback can feel "bad" and at the same time it's important to know what people's views really are.

As you'd know about the bottom line: Some people respond positively, others don't and even more don't respond in writing a all. I notice that quite a few posters thought you images were very good.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Monty Python Presents...

THE "MINISTRY" of FUNNY HATS:

http://i51.tinypic.com/30hljzq.jpg

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Unless you weren't referring to my criticism, I was quite specific about what I did not like about them.

Since your comments were specific it should be obvious that I wasn't referring to them.

W

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Quentin - I enjoyed your humor. Don't let one jerk ruin your fun.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Your responses though have been thoughtful and non-reactive......Steve2

Heh,heh,heh, unless the other poster gets realy, realy personel with their comments, your mother______________as an example, no need to snatch up a battle-ax and go after them, nicly make your point and move on, or ignor them. If you feel you MUST be nasty back, take it to a PM, afterall, that's why it's there. Keeps the thread on topic, prvents trench warfare.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit