Are YOU Drastically Different Since Leaving The Witnesses?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

At least now I know what I can do to really help myself be in a better position when the world does tank. As a witless, I was brainwashed into thinking everything was a bad investment--gold and silver rarely move in the same direction as stocks and bonds, assuring that at least one of those classes of investments was going to be good at any one time. Now, I can objectively look at the facts and figures and make my own decisions based on that, not on some Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger or a group of hounders.

Also, I lost my fear of things associated with other religions. Something has a tenuous connection with "false religion", and the witlesses had to avoid it. If not, the other witlesses would use shame and guilt to make sure I complied. Now, I have "sun worship" lights up all summer, make no judgment against someone because they see fit to go to church or not, and even enjoy the occasional clip that includes a religious sermon. Even if I don't believe in the religion, if some of the other advice makes sense or there is significant entertainment value in that piece, I can still enjoy it for that. As a witless, I could not.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I was a very intense JW. So judgemental and intolerant. Everything was black and white.

I'm completely different now, thank goodness. I accept people just as they are and this frees me up to be just who I am.

Loz x

• chickpea
    chickpea

i forgot to mention that i, too, went thru the stage
    of being a marginal deist, but have gone on to the
    place where i have no concerns about there being
    any singular force in the universe that gives two
    hoots in a handbag about the way this world turns.....

i am convinced the bottom line was, is and will be stardust....
    and i am quite all right with that! downright giddy, in fact!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit