BEARDS letter from GB

by Shane 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

^BUMP^

• Geordie
    Geordie

As far as i remember and correct me if im wrong but,

tatoo's, ear piercing's, smoking etc. were all owtlawed by the WTBTS because they defile the body.

So why is it ok, or, even necessary to shave off your beard or even cut your hair for that matter?

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

This beard discussion was hot over 30 years ago. By then beard was a definite no-no. It was the same period when WTBS publications had yet another ray of new light and started picturing Jesus unshaved. Prior to that this before mentioned character was pictured without facial hair.

It is interesting to follow this site as it keeps one informed about the wast flood of new light and official lies.

"Proper preparation & planning prevents piss poor performance." - Awul Dasfilshabeda and Nowaynayda Zheet

• Shane
    Shane

>>>A JW man that's simply a regular publisher (which is what a beard wearer would probably have to settle for) is not viewed as having "the biggest privilege" but as spiritually weak.<<<
    I do agree with above statements it sums up the whole concept of most all religion you are really judged by men NOT by God.
    Elders have no more capacity to decipher the intentions of the heart than a new born child could defragment and ScanDisk his dads home computer when it comes to mundane simple things like beards dress and grooming.
    The governing body wants to have as much control over peoples minds as they can for without it they are nothing and will fad away.
    The very idea that other Jehovah's witness's cannot understand this is curious to me, how much of your personal freedom will you give to any religion who can successfully posistion you to believe that God will not like you if you don't do what this or that religious body says?

THE END - Shane

• JAVA
    JAVA

The mere act of an adult writing the Society asking clarification about wearing beards speaks volumes! High-control groups require obedience from members. It doesn't take long before members/followers seek guidance (which is nothing more than asking permission) from leadership on frivolous topics such as wearing beards.

Like the animals in Animal Farm, followers don't see what they've given up until it's too late. Before they know it, adults write childish letters to the Society saying, "Dear Brothers, may I please wear a beard"--and see nothing wrong with the question!

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick

See what beards do?

• David Gladden
    David Gladden

Before I DAed myself I started growing my beard... should have seen the looks I got.

• Shane
    Shane

>>>The mere act of an adult writing the Society asking clarification about wearing beards speaks volumes! High-control groups require obedience from members. It doesn't take long before members/followers seek guidance (which is nothing more than asking permission) from leadership on frivolous topics such as wearing beards.<<<
    In reply to the above statement:
    Excellent, I get your drift there was a time back in 1997 when I wrote that letter that I felt the criteria of a programed drone who looked upon the governing body as ones standing in the holy place of God as it were; or some other hog wash. Actually I was going
    through a divorce at the time and my ex-wife was giving me a ration of WT BS about grooming, since that time I have had to acclimate myself to the idea that its OK to think
    for ones self and that ground will not open up and swallow me up if I do. I will tell you all this, breaking free from mind control is at best difficult. This is best done if we can consider the many level headed ones in here then a person can do so successfully.
    THE END, Shane

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Smoldering gal!

You asked what beards can do.

Going from the picture which you so helpfully provided, I would say:

1. Hides your face.
    2. Keeps your turban from falling off!
    3. Saves wearing a tie to the KH.

Any of the above.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• JAVA
    JAVA

Shane,

I will tell you all this, breaking free from mind control is at best difficult. This is best done if we can consider the many level headed ones in here then a person can do so successfully.

I'm certain the internet helps countless former JWs adjust to the real world and get on with their lives. Ex-Dubs don't need to feel isolated, they can share with folks who have been there, and the process of readjusting takes less time. Thanks to the Web! The Web exposes the Tower to the masses, and offers the "Great Crowd" fellowship and support. Sometimes I question how "level headed" a few ex-Dubs are, but that's another topic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit