Hello

by Chariklo 132 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I am new to this site, just finding my way around.

I've been studying with JW's for about 15 months. I'm an unbaptised publisher, and until recently never missed a meeting, have been out "on the service" quite a lot. I've been having difficulties with one of the JW's studying with me and something happened which was just unacceptable. Someone else was aware of it, and rang an elder who spoke to me and made a decision which seemed sensible, getting the difficult JW to back off. But that person kind of went bananas and since then it has all escalated, I've been bombarded with text messages and phone calls from the two JW's, and it has all got out of hand.

At the same time I have looked around at what is going on, and am beginning to wake up and look hard at what's happening. I'm a fairly well-known person in my local community and so I realise I'm a bit of a "catch" for them, and I get a lot of "you've been doing so well" which I've read on here in other threads is a standard encouragement phrase within the WT.

I had thought I had found something really special, and was being encouraged to go for baptism in a fgew months. Now I'm beginning to think again.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I had thought I had found something really special, and was being encouraged to go for baptism in a fgew months. Now I'm beginning to think again.

Welcome!

I thought the same.

Keep on thinking!

May you be blessed.

Syl

• godrulz
    godrulz

The Holy Spirit and real Jesus is dealing with you to flee this cult. You will make the biggest mistake of your life with temporal and eternal consequences if you get baptized and remain a JW unto death. This is a pseudo-Christian cult, not biblical, historical, orthodox Christianity. Examine its founder, history, beliefs, practices before you make a rash decision that could cost you your life (blood transfusions), family (disfellowshipping), and eternal destiny (Gal. 1:6-10 eternally condemned/anathema for following a false gospel, false prophet, false god, false christ).

• jair_irwin
    jair_irwin

Welcome A board :)

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Have you asked your Bible Study conductor how he feels about former members?

If you were looking to buy a used car, and the salesman wouldn't allow you to speak with the previous owner, would that make you suspicious?

Do you feel that there is anything un-Christian about pursuing a University degree?

Welcome to the forum!

-LWT (JW for 23 years, now a happy ex-JW)

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

Hello and welcome. May you find sanity on this board!

• undercover
    undercover
    Welcome A board

Hello board. Nice to meet you. Welcome to the forum.

Oh.... hello to Chariklo too. Welcome aboard...

• Peaches1978
    Peaches1978

Welcome to the board please read and read all you can regarding this religon and do research before you make a big mistake.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Hi Chariklo

Welcome to the site.

I had thought I had found something really special, and was being encouraged to go for baptism in a few months. Now I'm beginning to think again.

I know what you mean but you have a second chance at life now you have found the truth about the truth.

I wish this site had been available to me back in the 80s when they first knocked on my door. It has taught me how to see through their double standards, flip flopping doctrines and so much other stuff.

Keep thinking, thats all I can say.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Welcome Chariklo. Consider those great points by leavingwt.

My two cents...leaving the JW religion was the single best thing I've ever done for myself. Despite losing some family and friends. Think about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit