Where to JWs park their cars when going door-to-door?

by bradp 32 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Sometimes there is no legal parking and the "car captain" will drop people off and come back after a set period of time and pick people up. He drives around the whole time but gets to "count the time."

One brother had a drinking problem and did not come back on time....he had grabbed a beer at a nearby bar. I knew of a pioneer brother who handed out tracts to people getting on the ski lift and talked to the person riding up with him (captive audience). He could have fun and count his time.

• bradp
    bradp

So, is it safe to assume that parking is legal in residential areas unless otherwise posted?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Just put a sign on your car that Identifies you as a Christian..

Then park on someones Front Lawn..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• blondie
    blondie

bradp, the best thing to do is call the muncipality and ask them. In one area we would call or drop by the police department to let them know we would be in the area so they did not have to field angry calls or could tell them we weren't burglars.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Is that you Mr Pitt?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Why do you need a car?

Surely with faith the size of mustard grain you could teleport to where need to go. Now go and whip yourself into submission, until you find that faith.

• shepherd
    shepherd

Always remember to park at least 10 minutes walk from the first door, so you can count the 20 minutes there and back. Have a minor with you and this is allowed as 'training'. If possible, have to go back to the car at least once for more literature, adding a further 20 minutes, and spend the remaining 20 minutes of the hour 'looking' for the other 'brothers and sisters'. If you do it right, you can then count an hour knocking on one not-at-home :)

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

The Pioneers usually park their Covered Wagons in a circle.

• tracylee
    tracylee

omg you guys are killing me over here! LOL

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Makes me glad to live in a gated community.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit