How was your Mother's Day?

by journey-on 27 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

Iconoclast....Sorry to hear your step son seems so unappreciative. If it is any consolation to you, I have a friend that experienced almost the exact same thing with his step daughter. But, guess what? He continued to show her the kind and compassionate human being he is, and by the time she was 21, she was treating him like Dad. So don't give up. Your loving kindness may still pay off.

jamie...sounds like a nice Mother's Day for you. (The chocolates sound especially nice....chocolate is my weakness!)

• crapola
    crapola

I worked. But got a nice phone call from Sooner and a gift is on the way! Also a nice call from my daughter.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Too bad you had to work, crapola....but, then again...that means you have a job and that's good! And, you have a Mother's Day gift to look forward to receiving.

• mamalove
    mamalove

Great! Took my girls to a hotel last night to spend the night and swim. Just for the novelty of it. I bought all kinds of snacks and movies for them. They had a ball. Had breakfast at the hotel this morning, and let them do cannonballs some more. They were crying when we had to leave lol. Later on, we had dinner, and stayed home, but generally had a good day being together.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Mr Bee and I drove our new Porsche over and played golf at our country club.

My 24 year old son died 5 years ago. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. I'd give my life to have it be different.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Icon and Bizzy, I'm so sorry.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I had a wonderful day!! Hubby and my boys grilled out and dinner was delicious. The weather was beautiful outside. Great day overall.

• journey-on
    journey-on

mamalove....You sound like a fun quirky kind of mom! Sounds like your day went splendidly!

Bizzy...Sounds like yours was a mixed day of happy and sad. I haven't played golf in quite awhile. I used to love it, but my Patty Bergs are out of date and the hubby I have now isn't in to it :-(

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't think of anything more heartbreaking than losing a child.

QuestioningEverything....Anytime someone else does the cooking is a good day! Glad yours was beautiful!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Went shopping and to beach with kids. Four time outs!

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((Bizzy)))))))

(((((((Icono)))))))

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit