easy work today talking to 6 jw's

by JunkYardDog 10 Replies latest jw friends

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

I asked for the mag's then asked them what in the world makes them jw's think they are jehovahs people? they said the preaching work. I had a field day exposing the false prophices of the preaching work done by the wts/ jw's just in the last 50 years. it was pretty sad to see not one of these jw's had any idea what I was talking about. they had no idea about 1914 or alternive army service etc. it was like shooting fish in a barrell. igt's say r/f jw's are so ignorant

• still thinking
    still thinking

Did any of them seem interested? Or did they just try to get away as quickly as they could. That sounds pretty full on.

• alanv
    alanv

It is actually amazing that the sheep have no idea about loads of things that have happened in the JW history.

I find that witnesses that comment on JW forums, know much more than the average witness. And of course these forums help ex witnesses as well, as we tell each other some of the crazy things we never new about when we were in the org.

• ambersun
    ambersun

It is actually amazing that the sheep have no idea about loads of things that have happened in the JW history.

I quite agree. I tend to forget this sometimes, and recently mentioned Rutherford's mansion Beth Serim to a JW relative who has been in the organisation 50 odd years. I had come to consider all Rutherford's exploits as common knowledge due to the discussions on this board and other sites, Beth Serim being frequently discussed with pictures of it on the internet for all to see.

She had never heard of it!

Trouble is, after a few minutes of explaining all about Beth Serim and why it was built, and how Rutherford had a wonderful time living in it, I could sense the lack of interest. I noticed her eyes had already glazed over and her mind was elsewhere. I saved my breath as there was absolutely no point continuing. Sad.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

In 1975 the yearbook bragged about there being two million JWs.

In the 2010 yearbook it was seven million.

take away those that die or leave and it is easy to understand why almost none can even stretch their brains back to the eighties.

the proclaimers book and new dvd are just quaint little trips down the yellow brick road for them. After my teenagers watched the dvd the best my son could come up with was that 'russel was some dude that preached alot'

And that comment i am sure would be very pleasing to the GB indeed!

oz

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

So it is not really a faith that is important enough to study deeply and research diligently. For most, it is merely a social club and they have no curiousity about anything that was not in the most recent magazine.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    For most, it is merely a social club and they have no curiousity about anything that was not in the most recent magazine.

BINGO! No divine inspiration or absolute truth. Just another version of religion that for most members is merely an organized religious social club.

Think About It

• wasblind
    wasblind

Same here Ambersun,

when I whipped out the Proclaimers book and showed

Beth Sarim to the elders wife that was here, it was like

a deer in head lights, I was like, if this is supposed to be

spiritual food at the time it come out, some of the JW's

must be fasting.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

IT WAS PRETTY SAD TALKINg TO THESE WT ZOMBIES . tHEY WERE WALKING DOWN THE avenue with the look on their faces like someone just killed their whole family. It was like a funeral march. They were surprised I even stopped to talk with them . It was like no one stops to talk with us , we are just marching to our graves. The few questions I asked them about 1914, and the generation of 1914 made them look even more sad than they were looking walking down the street bwefore i got to them. Not one of them was even willing to open a bible and defend any thing the wt teaches. it was like talking to RETARTED CHILDREN ...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I find that witnesses that comment on JW forums, know much more than the average witness.

If they knew as much as we do...........they'd be here too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit