If One More Person Calls Me "Boo" LOL

by PublishingCult 29 Replies latest jw friends

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

Seems to be the trend today to call another, a friend or loved one, "boo".

It was cute about five years ago when it was seldom used.

It's old, it's overdone, it's done by everyone, it should stop now. Find a new pet name you damned boo-hooers

Just wanted to say.

• JeffT
    JeffT

My youngest son has been "boo" to his siblings since 1985. He is now "Uncle Boo" to my granddaughter.

• outlawwilly
    outlawwilly

Even about 10 years ago this was the "in" thing to do. I mean absolutely no offence to anyone, but back then it was the african american's who used it prolifically. All the time, "Come here Boo". "Heres your cheque Boo". "Hey Boo, could you".......etc. So I see it is making a comeback. I am convinced there are no new fads, just recycled old ones.

• Joliette
    Joliette

LOL @ Boo.

I'd rather be called Boo, then 'sweetie' or 'baby.'

But its all pretty damn annoying. I hate being called pet names.

• Scully
    Scully

Anything you say, Buttercup.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Maybe schnookums or cupcake? ;)

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

People do that? I thought it was just me. I call my kid "boo" and my dogs, too. Seriously, I thought I made it up because I don't recall ever hearing anyone else do it. Must be another of those international mind control conspiracies.

I'll stop now, though.

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL.

Down here, it's a term of endearment.

Syl

• wasblind
    wasblind

There are so many "Boo's" around my way you would think it's a ghost town

Ok, that joke needs some water but you get my drift

yes Syl, it is most definitely a term of endearment

• blondie
    blondie

Makes me think of Boo Radley of To Kill a Mockingbird.

Arthur "Boo" Radley

Boo Radley is one of the harder to understand characters in To Kill a Mockingbird, and slowly reveals himself throughout the novel. Arthur Radley, also known as Boo Radley, appears as a very quiet, reclusive character, who only passively presents himself, until the children's final interaction with Bob Ewell. Most of Maycomb believes he is a horrible person, due to the rumors spread about him, and a trial he underwent as a teenager. It is implied during the story that Boo is a very lonely man, who attempted to reach out to the children for love and friendship. Throughout the novel, he is shown as kind and generous. Boo placed gifts in the knothole of the tree for the children in the beginning, and when the kids were watching Miss Maudie’s house burn down, he also placed a blanket on Scout's shoulders, without being noticed. It was not until the end of the book, when he saved Jem and Scout Finch's lives from Mr. Ewell's assault, that he was paid notice. It wasn't until hours after the attack, when the family was in Jem’s room watching over him, that Scout finally realizes that it was Boo Radley who had saved them, and was watching over her all along. When Heck Tate attempted to avert blame from Jem, stating that Bob Ewell simply "fell on his knife", after Atticus clearly thought Jem had murdered Bob Ewell, Tate indirectly revealed the truth: Boo Radley killed Bob Ewell in order to defend the children. Scout described him as being sickly white, with a thin mouth and hair and grey eyes, almost as if he was blind. During the same night, when Boo requests that Scout walk him back to the Radley house, Scout takes a moment to picture what it would be like to be Boo Radley, while standing on his porch. Boo doesn't talk much, but Scout describes him as being very soft spoken and quiet.He is a static character.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit