Sometimes You Just Gotta Score One For the Cult Members

by PublishingCult 67 Replies latest jw friends

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I was wondering how many middle age people drive a Buick (besides my sister, although it was a hand-me-down from my grandmother). Could that have been a circuit overseer. Ours had Buicks.

Evidently

http://www.circuitleasing.com/

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    My opinion is worthless

Finally, something the whole forum can agree on.

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult
    The Judge is God and the standard is the Word of God. My opinion is worthless unless it is true and biblical. Based on Scripture, I can say that a person who rejects the true Jesus (atheists, Muslims, Mormons, JWs, etc.) will remain dead in sin and condemned in the end. The authority is the Word, not my opinion (I am just more confidant in the perspicuity of Scripture, I guess). When the Holy Spirit reveals truth about Jesus, we know that we know. If one has the genuine, a counterfeit is easy to spot. Jesus did not compromise and water down His claims. Using your logic, Jesus and Paul were arrogant for standing firm on truth. Scripture encourages believers to defend and proclaim truth. Those who oppose it will make ad hominem attacks, but that does not free us from the responsibility to obey God even if men reject us. JWs have a similar attitude, but the difference is that they are false teachers (again, based on the Word, not my personal opinion/bias). Is it arrogant to have biblical convictions? In the face of error and wishy washy thinking here, the authority of thus saith the Lord is needed. Paul was bold and so was Jesus. This flows from humility, not pride.

Awesome! But wasn't that bearded Christian in the video attacking the JW's a total butt tool?

• ballistic
    ballistic

Hey PC I've been to san diego. I stayed at the back packers hostel in Ocean Beach. One of our fellow UK posters from this site flew out to san diego and married a yound lady from there and I went to visit them.

• ballistic
    ballistic

... you should have seen me driving on the wrong side of the road LOL, made it all round america.

• factfinder
    factfinder

@the max- thank you! Yes, it is strange. As a witness everything seems so certain. Like you said, I feel in a way like I'm in a spiritual limbo. I cannot go back to the witnesses because there is too much wrong there. But the other religions are pretty much wrong too. Some have things I can accept, but mostly things I cannot. I believe in Jehovah although not exactly as the witnesses teach, I believe the witnesses are correct regarding Jesus- but since leaving the witnesses I have found that Jesus has become less important to me. Hellfire, trinity are just as wrong as the witnesses say-the witnesses are right on that.

I re-examined Judaism, but I don't agree with their teachings regarding Adam & Eve, sin and the devil.

I don't know what to believe-yes, my beliefs change from time to time. I was trying to understand the trinity- but came to the conclusion its false, just as the jws teach, and I will not give up my life long belief in only one God ( not a cluster God, or 3 in 1 God.) But the wts is wrong on so many things and is not God's organization.

A friend of mine said it is very healthy I have doubts. But yes, it is a strange place to be!

• factfinder
    factfinder

@keyser soze- Yes!!! I agree wholeheartedly!

@PC- yes- he certainly was! I really feel that the elder who studied with me would have ended up punching that a-hole in the face if he had come after him like he did that older couple. If he had said that to Art's wife, Art would have smashed him!

Thank you for posting that video and for your comments PC!

• godrulz
    godrulz

Thomas had doubts and Jesus revealed truth to him climaxing in Jn. 20:28. Thomas was called blessed for calling Jesus Lord God. If Jesus was not God, Jewish rabbi Jesus would have rebuked him. The Bible is the source of truth. There is no reason to be in limbo if one is a Berean. Former indoctrination is a barrier, but it can be overcome.

My opinion is worthless.....unless it is true. I see keyser has learned the WT ellipsis trick.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Some cults have only one member.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    godrulz Former indoctrination is a barrier, but it can be overcome.

So true. Let us know when you get over that hurdle. Grandma clearly had a major impact on you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit