Pres. Obama's Bin Laden Speech

by charlie brown jr. 28 Replies latest social current

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I liked it!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Yeah, I got to give credit when credit is due, Obama made a good statement.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I'm still in shock. Watching CNN, I was a bit shocket how Wollf Blitzer had to recap the basic story of September 11th and explain Al-Qaeda. Obama is quite an orator. I was very conscious that a lot of speech writers,etc. had to vet it. Part of me wonders if Obama just has better speaking skills-word pronounciation, lingering on certain words, etc. than Bush.

This may not be Jesus-like but I'm celebrating. I wish I could join the celebrations in Manhattan and DC. Maybe we'll have celebrations here. This is far more important than Hussein being captured. I don't care how grisly it looks. His body should be on public display. I worry about retaliation. So I'm also glad I'm no longer in NY.

I knew something was up when the royal honeymoon was cancelled. Knew it in my gut. It was too last minute for such a planned monarchy. No one was ill, etc.

I wonder what Jesus' reaction would be if He were here in the flesh.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I don't comment to much on Politics....

but that speech got to me

just like when Bush had his speech the Night of 09-11-01......

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

I thought it was good. I think it says a lot about the US that we did get the job done - and if it took a few years longer than we might have hoped, as the president said, I think it says a lot that we didn't just give up and forget about it.

While I won't exactly celebrate the death of the man - some things simply must be done for peace, and I'm glad our country can still get the job done. Good riddence to bad rubbish. It will be interesting to see what effects this has... from politics to the economy.

I think some people forget that we here in America are supposed to be a team.

- Lime

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I thought it was cheesy. Glad they got the bastard regardless.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Look outside the White House the people......

I'm getting choked up here.....

A great day to feel like an American!!!!!

I love seeing the Flag waving outside the White House with People being one....for a change!!

We all have our differences.....but it makes feel Great when you see something like this!!!

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    I love seeing the Flag waving outside the White House with People being one....for a change!!
    We all have our differences.....but it makes feel Great when you see something like this!!!

Yes, same here.

- Lime

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I'm afraid that with all the cheering that it will still end up like the aftermath of the U.S. win over the Soviets at the Olympics. Bin Laden could not function in a vacuum. There are so many groups that despise the US and can do harm. It may be worse for the US in the short term. I see this as a temporary time out to feel that we can do things -- given enough time. Perhaps they just did without telling Pakistan.

Martha Raddatz of ABC did not say anything overtly about Pakisan giving aid and shelter to Bin Laden. Her voice was not dispassionate. She was having trouble restraining her anger. Imagine, a mansion in a city, near a world city. We should all live so poorly. It wasn't too bad when I imagined him shaking in a cave.

I am very happy he did not have a natural death. It would have been nice to take him into custody and try him for war crimes. I'm also glad it wasn't suicide as a response to the U.S. coming in to get him.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

President Obama is a wonderful speaker. He did a good job tonight just as he always does.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit