Does creating low self esteem in the R&F play into the hands of the GB?

by highdose 19 Replies latest jw friends

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle
    They want everyone, ESPECIALLY the males, to be stripped of the capacity to question authority.

That sounds like a cult.

• karter
    karter

It's like ''Stockholm syndrome'' were you begin to like the person misstreating you.

• Ding
    Ding

All legalistic systems operate by carrot-and-stick motivation.

For JWs, the carrot is the new system, always just a little further ahead, just around the corner, almost within reach -- but not quite.

The stick is guilt and fear.

Grace is changed to Jehovah's undeserved kindness, with the emphasis on UNDESERVED.

You're never good enough; you've never done enough; you're never accepted; you're never secure.

WT salvation is based on faith plus works, with the emphasis on WORKS.

You're never sure of your salvation because in WT theology salvation depends on your ongoing works, not on Jesus' finished work.

Not exactly Romans 8:1-2: "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death."

• Heaven
    Heaven

Initially, low self esteem works for them by keeping people towing the line but in the long run, it creates sick people who no longer are able to serve them.

ldrnomo, you made me chuckle.

edited to add: The Watchtower does not embrace Win-Win.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

When i finaly sought professional help the therapist remarked

''i have never had a client with such a low self esteem as you''...

as heaven said 'low self esteem works for them by keeping people towing the line but in the long run, it creates sick people who no longer are able to serve them'.

sure applies to me!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They sure impose low self esteem. Everything you do has to go through them. Children are supposed to stay away from worldly people, except to recruit them. At the a$$emblies, they boast about how someone tried that and got 6 or 7 children into the cancer--which of course never happens. They also do that with people that pio-sneer despite obstacles, giving out bogus experiences so everyone else feels bad that they don't get the same results. "You are not doing it right" is the usual answer.

They also push people away from investing in themselves. Be it an education that is a ticket to a decent job or investment silver, they will beat up on anyone that does this. Then, they always have a fake story about someone that invested nothing in himself, but pio-sneered. Invariably, this witless brought in 50 people while managing a reasonable lifestyle. And invariably, the amount supplied exactly matches the amount that is needed right this minute. When most witlesses try and fail, they assume that they did something wrong. All the prayer and sacrifice usually only results in stagnation and destitution.

And what about the new songs? They will not allow the witlesses to remix the songs. But, when they try to sing them, they end up sounding like dying cats. On the CD, they sound perfect. This is done on purpose. The people singing on the CD are not singing exactly as in the songbook. Someone singing perfectly, exactly as written in the songbook, is going to sound terrible. Then they claim that people are not practicing the songs enough.

They also do it with field circus results. How many people have been able to pio-sneer for 70 or more years steadily, bringing in a steady stream of recruits from the field all the while, and manage a reasonable lifestyle? Usually, you will get mostly not at homes. Or, people are not interested. So, you try what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger "suggests". It never works, even though there are experiences (fake ones) at a$$emblies about people that went into the cancer because of it. And both volumes of Young People Ask--Answers That Do Not Work are full of such advice that does not work.

• designs
    designs

Alpha Dogs need not apply....

• Heaven
    Heaven

The Watchtower is definitely a Win/Lose organization. From Stephen Covey's "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" on "Win/Lose" (pg 207):

'In leadership style, Win/Lose is the authoritarian approach: "I get my way;you don't get yours." Win/Lose people are prone to use position, power, credentials, possessions, or personality to get their way.

Most people have been deeply scripted in the Win/Lose mentality since birth. First and most important of the powerful forces at work is the family. When one child is compared with another, when patience, understanding or love is given or withdrawn on the basis of such comparisons -- people are into Win/Lose thinking. Whenever love is given on a conditional basis, when someone has to earn love, what's being communicated to them is that they are not intrinsically valuable or lovable. Value does not lie inside them, it lies outside. It's in comparison with somebody else or against some expectation.

And what happens to a young mind and heart, highly vulnerable, highly dependent upon the support and emotional affirmation of the parents, in the face of conditional love? The child is molded, shaped, and programmed in the Win/Lose mentality. '

• Reality79
    Reality79

The organisation definitely encourages self esteem. When I've read and heard of people who know of a a witness they always mention how that individual either has low self esteem or feels unsure of themselves.

Funny that now I'm out that wicked organisation my self confidence is a lot higher and noticeable. I can express my opinions and views without feeling like I'm not being "humble" and I don't tone it down just because some over sensitive prick might get "stumbled".

The organisation just wants punks and sissies. No wonder JWs are seen as being a soft touch by outsiders.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Like Designs said, it weeds out those who would lead real quick and have good a self-image.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit