De-Conversion: Where are you?

by NomadSoul 18 Replies latest jw friends

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Wobble, when I ran into this analysis I was thinking about how far a lot of posters, including myself, have come since our awakening.

Mr. Falcon, that's the same experience I had. It wasn't the ex-members material that had much affect but it did fortified my decision. Other literature and works of expression was the one that had the greatest impact.

Leavingwt, I'm over too. But of course this experience is going to stay for most of our lives.

Salty, that is a very good goal not to become indifferent. I admit that I am, and it can sometimes be a cold night in one's mind.

Found Sheep, I have only been at stage 7 in my mind but not enough to act on it.

Unshackled, anger is sometimes needed to act. At first I didn't mind that my parents took my younger siblings to the meetings until I realized that I couldn't let that happen. The circumstances were on my favor and now I get to see them have the childhood that I didn't have.

• mrquik
    mrquik

I'm all the way to 8. Applied for my pistol permit, got a tattoo & bought a Harley. I would grow my hair long too if I had any. By the way, my daughter, son-in-law & grandkids call Austin home. I'd move there too if I could eat the 5 lbs. of refried beans you get with every meal there. You'all enjoy life.

• d
    d

I am also reading about various ideas from diffrent I also learning about Carol Sagan.

• chickpea
    chickpea

whatever is past 7, i am past that too

like LWT, i GET what the appeal is
    because i loved how faith felt....

however, i got over it....
    and everything is as it was

shit happens and some days are fantastic!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I spoke to my brother today and after hearing him rant about the stupidity of our parents and how he can't believe that they can believe the drivel of the bOrg and that's he done talking to them for a while, I would have to say he's a firm 5. Me, I think I'm close to a 7.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I'm ping-ponging between Anger and Indifference. I don't see the point in trying to de-covert others; "you can lead a horse to water but......". I can only try to tell outsiders what being a JW is really about in hopes spreading the word and preventing other tragedies. I do feel resigned to the fact that I can't change other ppl's minds as they have to figure things out for themselves. I also don't see the point of getting Exasperated. I refuse to step into the camp of militant atheistism at all, though. It's something I'll never be able to stomach...

V665V665

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I'm pretty much a full-blown 7. I sincerely hate religion (except religions that encourage people to keep their beliefs to themselves, but these are very rare) and the negative impact it has on society.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I think I'm step on 8.) Not thinking about religion at all.

Coming to this site to read the threads is just a habit now when I'm bored at work. Some days the threads are like any other forums and I forget this is an Ex-Jw site until someone posts a story that reminds me where I am and how crazy this religion is.

• therevealer
    therevealer

this needs a bump methinks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit