So who's doing Easter Sunday

by designs 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

Do you see it as celebrating a literal Resurrection event, or do you see it as a celebration of Hope or some other cause to celebrate.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I am, but it will be smaller than usual...just hubby and me....the kids are spending this holiday with their mother I do all of the holidays, because thet're just an opportunity to do something special for dinner, gift-giving, etc.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I'll be stuffing Easter Eggs later tonight, and making baskets for the kids. We usually go to the great outdoors on Easter Sunday.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Ohhh Yeah - lots of choccy in the Robertson household.

Not doing the Jesus thing though - just the chocolate.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Well our boy is sleeping over his friends house so just a Dinner cause the Wife and Mother in Law are Church going Christians.

Usually I paint eggs and hide them in the house then make baskets full of candy and Licorice.... since he won't be here ...won't do it...

Kinda sad..... It's fun watching him search and find the eggs. I make pretty funny faces.

PS Get your Beer tonight Stores will be closed...... Damn It!!

• andys
    andys

I will be celebrating Easter for the very first time tommrow, am looking foward to it:)

• Heaven
    Heaven

Do you see it as celebrating a literal Resurrection event, or do you see it as a celebration of Hope or some other cause to celebrate.

No. I will be preparing for the work week ahead just like every other Sunday except that I had to do my shopping today (Saturday) because all the stores are closed tomorrow.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Yeah, I too plan to maybe stuff and definetaly hide the eggs tonight since the niece is coming over tomorrow. After church, I plan to let them go seek them just as we did today at a friend's church.

My wife and I had an interesting conversation concerning this. Apparently witnesses do not think too highly of the ressurection (according to her). Of course, she knows so little about her doctrine I cannot know for certain if she even knows what she is talking about.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

Thanks for asking.

We're going to have a double celebration this year. On Sunday we will celebrate by looking back at Christ's resurrection, and thanking God for it. Then, on Tuesday my wife and I, will celebrate the future resurrection of my wife's mother, (who died on Thursday) at the funeral.

He is risen!!!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I am having easter dinner at a friends house, not because I believe in JC or anything, but because I was invited to a homecooked meal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit