How active are you?

by free2beme 17 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

They say that as a society, we are all getting fatter and fatter. So I ask, how active are you? If you took a snap shot of the last five days, can you find moments of exercise or doing something besides sitting in front of the computer, lifting a remote or fork, or perhaps walking to get the mail? I personally am very active. I run at least 3 times a week 2-3 miles. On the other days I ride a bike about 5 miles or more a couple times and for fun I hike in to local waterfalls, fish, or explore. I am 5 miles from a grocery store and make it a point to ride my bike with a small backpack to get things that are minor, when I need them. I made a choice awhile back to keep active, push myself to do things and find new ways to keep moving. It is not easy, and at times I have to kick myself in the butt to keep going. Yet, I do it, and as example tonight after my work I am taking some chicken, salad and drinks with me on a ten mile bike ride with my family and we will eat out dinner in a park we could have drove to in 10 minutes. It is things like that, but what are you doing? Are you pushing yourself, or are you among the statistics of what they say is the ever growing waist line of the world?

• cantleave
  • Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Okay a snapshot of the last 5 days isn't fair... I'm on vacation, dammit!! I'm lazy as f*ck this week lmao

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

Sadly, not very at all. I'm actually tackling the "growing waistline" problem on the other end, and I make sure my family and I eat very healthily, and we're all at a very good weight. I think, no, I KNOW, that I'm very lazy when it comes to excersize, and I won't make an effort unless I start getting bigger. My husband is an exercise nut, and he keeps trying to prod me into activity, but I'm sad to say I really haven't made an effort for more than a few weeks.

Shout out to a fellow Oregonian!!!

• The Finger
    The Finger

Very

• highdose
    highdose

6 days a week i do yoga morning practice for 30 mins, 4 classes a week of yoga and pilates at hour and half long, at the weekend i do one or two long cross counrty walks ( about 20km) and in the summer i go swimming everyday.

Apart from that nothing

• Open mind
    Open mind

@ highdose,

Can you honestly justify before Jehovah that your routine is ALL you can do?

Good for you. And thanks to free2beme for starting this thread.

(I've just started back into a routine of 6 days a week alternating between weights and aerobics one day to the next. I'm going to stick with it as long as I am able to avoid injuries.)

om

• nugget
    nugget

last 5 days I've had a chest infection and cough. Can't catch my breath and having 2 kids means you can't cough without fear. Ask me in a months time when I can actually catch my breath.

• d
    d

I do pushups and situps. But this summer I am going to try to get into runnung to manage my blood pressure.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I think an effort to exercise, in any amount, is something to commend people on. I know it is easy to sit and watch tv with a bag of chips and cookies, while drinking a beer. However, I have found keeping active is more an improvement of body and mind. I keep positive, I want to do more things and I honestly see things in a better way and laugh a lot. No one says you have to do a ton, but start with a little and work your way up. This sight often gives suggestions on how to fight depression of stress. Mine is, keep active, exercise and feel better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit