According to the watchtower, it looks like we have a disability.

by man in black 20 Replies latest jw friends

• man in black
    man in black

I have heard quite a bit about the July 15th watchtower magazine on this sie. So I went and downloaded it and read several of the articles.

page 16 paragraph 6 states :

"Well, apostates are “mentally diseased,” and they seek to infect others with their disloyal teachings"

How horrible, they seem to know sooo much about menal health !

And how about this:

What is involved in avoiding false teachers? We do not receive them into our homes or greet them.

We also refuse to read their literature, watch TV programs that feature them, examine their Web sites, or add our comments to their blogs.

Why do we take such a firm stand? Because of love.

Sounds more like fear to me.

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

Can I re-file my taxes and claim more exemptions, then?

• whathappened
    whathappened

The governing body are the true apostates. They change the doctrine, adjust viewpoint and change their interpretation of scripture all the time. It's ok for them, not for us. The Society has reversed their teachings and gone back and forth. That's apostacy.

• fade_away
    fade_away

It's funny that they talk about love and mental illness. I wrote this a while back before I heard of this article. http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/208370/1/What-drove-you-Love-or-Fear

• Joliette
    Joliette

Agreeingtotally with whathappened.

They are the true apostates (along with the other non-GB watchtower heavies).

Organization: 1st

Bible: 2nd

• agonus
    agonus

Our apostacy they call "apostacy", THEIR apostacy they call "New Light"...

Oy...

• ziddina
    ziddina

"How horrible, they seem to know sooo much about mental health ! .
    .."

Yes, that's because they've obtained the equivalent of a 'college education' by reading the "Awake" magazine ...

LOL! @ Agonus' comment - dead on!!

Zid

• flipper
    flipper

" According to the Watchtower, it looks like we have a disability ." According to me it looks like the WT society leaders have the disabilities . Like mental illness called dissociative disorder caused by mind control

• DocBob
    DocBob

Mentally Diseased, eh?

Doc Bob M.D.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Did the Nazis ever admit they were horribly racist and that racism was wrong? This is far more than the pot calling the kettle black. If people want to surrender their minds, there is nothing an apostate can do about it. In fact, rather than vent about the WTBTS doctrines, if we promoted mental health and questioning of authority, they would not exist in the first place.

They lie so much. My childhood was knowing white is white, an objective fact that is measurable, and my family religion saying it was black. A large part of me believes they are utter control freaks who have disdain for any authority or affection other than their own. Would the governing board be anyone in the world? What gives them legitimacy? Are they brighter, well-read, have a talent for large administration, have superb social skills, run faster, play tennis professionally. The sad part is the world can laugh this off. Ha ha, the Witnesses are so jolly and entertaining. Part of it still tugs at my heart strings after all these years and I don't find it funny at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit