Question for our WT history experts

by tenyearsafter 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Does anyone know the significance or meaning of the suit of armor depicted in the upper right hand corner of the picture?

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Wow - that is an interesting question? It brings up all kinds of ideas in my mind - none of them good ones. Will get back to you after I do some research.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Don't know the real answer, but doesn't that lithograph look positively occult?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I do not know the meaning.

However, the Bible is full of military talk, armor, swords, helmets, spears, etc.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

The first thing that came to mind for me was some sort of connection to the Knights of Columbus, but I am not knowlegeable enough to really make that connection. I am going to do a bit more research and see why the early WT used that symbolism.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Would it be the complete suit of armor referred to in Ephesians 6:13? Just a guess.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I guess it isn't tied to Knights of Columbus based on this image:

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Hmmm...never thought of the "full suit of armor" tie in...good thought!

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

james_woods...it does look a bit creepy!

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Would it be the complete suit of armor referred to in Ephesians 6:13? Just a guess.

That would have been my guess as well - but who knows what was really in old nut-bar Russell's head?

james_woods...it does look a bit creepy!

No joke - almost all of the turn-of-the-century Watchtower literature gives me that feeling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit