Memorial - How many on here went and how many didn't?

by IMHO 115 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

We didn't go, 3rd one we have missed, last one we went to was 2008.

We will never go again, of course. I opened a bottle of fine red wine and raised a glass to the Lord Jesus, this was not to be at all disrespectful to anybody, especially Jesus, I am not a believer, but I think his (ethical) teachings are great, that is what the glass was raised to.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Not for me, went last year and the year before. But this year I finally got what they were up to and like punk I didn't want to particpate in the reject Christ ritual.

Punk Not her fault, she is all wound up and as all that pent up energy. Shes wanting to excercise her faith. Maybe a walk around the house a few times will help, knock on the bedroom door a few times. Hell, knock on the cupboard doors if it helps. Let her get it out of her system.

• Beware of false prophets
    Beware of false prophets

I didn't go. I don't remember the last time I did go to a JW Memorial, but it's been at least 11 years by now.

I was too busy celebrating my wedding anniversary with my husband and our little boy. While my mother and father's congregation was busy passing flat bread with a side of rejection under fluorescent lighting, we were busy eating big, fat bread at an atmospheric, Italian restaurant in celebration of life and love.

My mother did send us an invitation to attend along with the card she sent us for our anniversary though.

• blondie
    blondie

Haven't been for 10 years. I don't see that going to the KH one meeting a year will build good will with jw family unless they are already deep into the hypocrisy of it. Being inactive means not going door to door, it has nothing to do with meeting attendance. Now it might be better to turn in 12 time slips one for each of the previous 12 months and not go to any meetings. I bet they would take the slips and count them into the report they send to headquarters.

I have had jws tell me that the best time for Armageddon to come is at the memorial (totally forgetting the time zones and that all the jws won't be at the KH at the same time).

Here is a submarine witness (jw term) surfacing for the memorial.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

nope! 2nd missed and happy about it! I don't believe in the cult and have no one that make me go

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

This was also the second one in a row that me and my family missed.

It felt so good to be at home and enjoying ourselves without the feeling at the KH of being crammmed like sardines into a box.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I did not attend. This was my first year taking a real stand for what I believe in and rejecting what I don't. I happily stayed home, talked with my love, watched Gangs of New York, and drifted off to sleep satisfied. Tonight (when it SHOULD have been celebrated), I'll raise a glass to Jesus of Nazareth because he WAS a good man and deserves the recognition.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Haven't gone in 2 yrs. I believe in worshipping in "spirit & truth." As this is neither true or spirit directed, it falls in the "false religion" category. I sincerely believe JC would not appreciate me being associated with such apostates.

• mythreesons
    mythreesons

Nope. It was the first one we have ever missed. Several reasons I didn't go:

For my kids - I don't want them to have that as part of their past

I don't want to give family any false hope - because you know they will think that there is still a flicker of hope, would rather they just deal with the reality that we aren't coming back.

They have never showed me from the bible where it says It's ok, NOT to partake of the emblems and still be saved.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@still thinking - LOL.

I'm convinced the washtowel has induced a mental illness onto Mrs Punk. Now I'm apostate she seems like a complete weirdo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit