Memorial - How many on here went and how many didn't?

by IMHO 115 Replies latest jw friends

• oldflame
    oldflame

Hello everyone it has been a very very long time since I was here last. I miss all you old timers from my era and want you to know I am with you in heart. Also if you know my real name you can catch me on facebook, look forward to seeing some of you there.

No on to the subject at hand : There is not enough money or reasons for me to enter a cult religion building not now, not today, not tomorrow, not next year, not in my life time ! How was that for an answer ? LOL

Peace @--<<---<<---------Oldflame

• Igot2bme
    Igot2bme

I didn't go either despite being invited 3 times. I let my 15 year old daughter go, I really didn't want her to go but she just wanted to make her grandmother, my mother-in- law happy. What made me sad and angry was what she told me afterward about how everyone was nice to her at Memorial and they normally ignore her and shun her at all the meetings. My daughter hasn't done anything wrong to anyone in the KH in fact she is a good kid. I home school her, I always know where she is which is home most of the time. I worry so much about my daughter I wouldn't even let her hang out or be friends with those kids at the KH that are her age because I feel that they are bad influences! Then to top it of my pious sister-in-law, who is one of the reasons I left that sorry place has the nerve to introduce my daughter to some eligible brothers in hopes of sparking her interest. My sister in law has a rep for playing match maker and is very bad at it to boot. I am so glad my daughter is an intelligent girl and was having none of the introduction and decided to sit by grandma instead. She has adamantly expressed that she has no plans on being baby bride like most of the sisters in our hall had become.

• jeckle
    jeckle

no way never again . i will not live a lie for any man or woman. i told my mom just the the green eggs in ham book .i will not could not and do not like that cant you see please let me be she laughed and was only considering going for my brothers. its sad tho i think of my bro's wasted lives, stunted lives. then i want get really angry. oh well such is life, hopefully they can escape. Even so I won't go and niether will my son i'd like to see them make me.

• jeckle
    jeckle

sorry worked a long day didn't write that very well

• still thinking
    still thinking

punkofnice I'm sure Mrs Punk will be ok one day. Just remember, you were probably once as weird as that. And you recovered!!! I would recommend the way my partner deal with my crazyness.....be gentle, don't contradict.

Just slip in the odd questioning every now and then. My partner just wouldn't let go of something about the 144,000 seeming right...and some other things. He never challenged. He just questioned gently.

This made me want to look so I could explain it to him better because I just thought he didn't really get it......Well, he got it all right. And so did I eventually.....But it had to be me that realised it by what I found because I honestly wanted to know the truth. I wouldn't be surprised if a similar process didn't happen to you. You wanted to understand better so questioned...then what you started to see didn't add up.

• on the rocks
    on the rocks

Attending non stop since 1978.........the most amusing part was 11202 partakers last year!!!!!!! I kicked my wife twice and told her the small crowd is growing faster than the great crowd.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Sadly yes, what a waste.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Both Misses ADD and I went. But we drove 150 miles to our youngest child house to see the grandkids and went with them. We will be moving in a week and this will be the last time we will see them for awhile. The Misses and I both said this will be the last time we will see a Memorial at the KH. Totally ADD

• chickpea
    chickpea

not only did i not go, i played scrabble and
    SERIOUSLY for the first time played the word
    ANOINT! it felt miraculous!! especially when
    i got to add the -ED for another scoooore!!

then we watched the burn notice special
    about the background of one of the characters,
    sipping on moscato and OJ and eating real popcorn

got to enjoy the moonlit
    skyscape walking the dogs
    near the wooded lot in the
    crisp cold air of a northern
    spring night....

the whole evening was swell

• C6H12O6
    C6H12O6

I didn't, this is my first time I'm missing the Memorial. I have been attending the Memorial since I was a preteen.

I was given plenty of reasons to go: car ride to and from the Memorial, dinner at a restaurant afterwards, meeting the "friends" again, make my parents happy, etc.

Instead, I stayed home and declared myself an atheist. It was because I can never go back to such an unloving "cult" that publishes lies to its members and break up families.

Since I don't plan on going back to the WT and missed the Memorial, there's a chance of me being evicted from my parent's house. I think I should celebrate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit