dos it really matter if someone drinks the wine and eats the crackers??!

by highdose 23 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

A big part of every memorial i ever went to was given to drumming it home that unless you were anoited you couldn't partake. And everyone would be watching the "strangers" as their turn came, ripples of horror would go round the congregation if they dared to nibble or sip(!)

... but seriously what is the problem? what does it matter? why make such a massive big deal about it? So long as the anoited have their nibble and glugs then dos it matter if anyone else does? Where please in the bible dos it say that you "mustn't" eat/ drink it???

• White Dove
    White Dove

Good retorical question.

If someone is going to live by the Bible, then they had better consume the cakes and ale.

It's ordered that believers do this.

It's even said that if they don't, Jesus will reject them right back.

How the WTS ever justified slapping Christ upside the head like this is beyond me.

• godrulz
    godrulz

The WT is robbing its members of eternal life and a heavenly hope. The NT talks to believers and says that unless anybody is born again, they cannot see the kingdom of God (Jn. 3:3 NWT). It says that those who are led of the Spirit are born again. If one is not led of the Spirit, they are led of the flesh or Satan. The Bible does not limit born again to 144,000, but makes it a condition of eternal life. The 144K teaching is specious and based on proof texts out of context. All true believers can and should partake of the emblems (do this in remembrance of me, all disciples, not just an elite class closed in 1935?!). The anointed class vs other sheep (which actually refers to Gentiles, not elite JWs) is a false teaching of a false cult. There will be people on earth, but they are the ones who survive Armageddon. The great crowd in Revelation are martyrs in heaven. If the JW Memorial was not a sham and unbiblical, I would have freedom to partake as a born again Christian who has never been JW (thankfully, the grace of God). Since it is there turf and they would not 'get it', I think I will refrain and pray for them and hope to share some biblical insights after.

• wobble
    wobble

I love you Highdose !

You ask the questions that expose the total stupidity of the whole thing ! I kind of felt this when I was in, but as you do.I shoved it in to the back of my mind, silly me.

I never believed in inviting anyone to attend the Memorial, I thought it the weirdest meeting of the year !

The whole silly charade does not matter ! hence, tomorrow night, I shall be doing my usual, out for some bevvies and a meal !

p.s whats the weather like in your neck of the woods? you lucky thing !

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Some questions to ask after reading 1 Corinthians chapter 11:20-34 and John 6:53-54

What is that "covenant relationship" Jesus established at the time of the Last Supper? What is the basis that WTS uses to prove it is only for judges, rulers, and priests type? Is that a correct twist on things?

What does being "worthy" involve?

What is "the body" that we are to discern? Is that body limited to just the WTS? Or does it even include the WTS?

What does a person LOSE by not partaking of the emblems per John scriptural reference?

The last question and the third question are well answered via the scriptures but the other ones could leave many questions in a person's mind. How do you answer them?

• godrulz
    godrulz

The WT view is twisted on all these issues. salty, are you speaking as a Christian to make JWs think or are you a JW wanting clarification on WT views? The body we are to discern is the Body of Christ, the Church. The context also includes the love feast and communion, so the historical background of divisions in the church relates to eating in an unworthy manner.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Where please in the bible dos it say that you "mustn't" eat/ drink it???....

The same place where it says..

"The WBT$ replaces Jesus as Mediator for everyone but the 144,000 and no coloured shirts on the Kingdom Hall Stage"..

If I didn`t know better..I would think the WBT$ just makes Shit up..

.....................;-)...OUTLAW

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

What I never understood was who are THEY to judge whether someone should partake or not. Working on the basis that only the anointed should partake how do they know who is anointed or not? It is not for them to say.

It always seemed so daft to pass the bread and wine around and not let anyone have any, what was the point?

• godrulz
    godrulz

It is a mockery of the biblical practice.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

I can't refer it to anywhere in Bible, most probably there is no such relation. But as I understood the severity of this issue in JW context was based on the idea that partaking is lead by the understanding of partakers position given by the holy spirit. Any other person touching those emblems would be in risk of offending the holy spirit as this understanding of their anointed status was not given. The bad and dangerous thing here was actually the fact that as holy spirit is not a person, it cannot forgive you in any possible manner, thus potentially subjecting any unworthy partaker to already been irrevocably judged.

This is more or less the lesson I was given.

CP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit