Is everybody barking up the wrong tree?

by andrekish 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• andrekish
    andrekish

An idea occurred to me that the FDS may not be the GB but something slightly different.

I have no scriptural basis for this statement, only the practical evidence of what I can see and read.

The GB has been accused repeatedly of deceit and misleading people.

The witnesses themselves as a group are certainly faithful to, and discrete about, their GB depite the GB's apparent errors.

I simply wonder if perhaps the individual witnesses themselves could fit this description: ' a faithful and discrete slave'.

This is ENTIRELY guesswork and pretty much unfounded on any solid evidence, merely a thought.

Any ideas?

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I simply wonder if perhaps the individual witnesses Christians themselves could fit this description: ' a faithful and discrete discreet slave'.

I believe the above.

Thank you.

Syl

• jgnat
    jgnat

A minor point: it's discreet, not discrete. I would agree that it is the congregation members who are slaves; not the Governing Body.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Or maybe...

...it's a minor analogy in a religious mythology not meant to be examined for any application.

Perhaps, we are actually all olive trees or little dogs or narrow gates.

• andrekish
    andrekish

Hello Snowbird.

Very interesting amendment. and it looks like my speellang could do with a bitta werk. Sorry folks.

But Snowbird has made an excellent point and well worth considering.

Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

Will let you know when I come up with another bright idea.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Matthew 20:28 He came to serve, not be served—and then to give away his life in exchange for the many who are held hostage." The Message Bible

Or perhaps, OTWO, we are those for whom He exchanged His life.

Andre, you're ok. Please return with more thoughts.

Syl

• andrekish
    andrekish

Hiya OnTheWayOut,

Thanks.

Just checking for evidence that I'm an olive tree. Be right back.....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Perhaps Raymond Franz is the head of the real Faithful and Discreet Slave class?

• jgnat
    jgnat

I see the faithful and discreet slave (uncapitalized) as a Christian ideal to strive for. Put others first. Eat last.

Class is out for today.

• wobble
    wobble

A little dog came through the narrow gate and just pissed against my leg, am I an olive tree ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit