It felt good to spend a day with a non JW gay! :)

by TimothyT 23 Replies latest social relationships

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Hi everyone, :)

For those of you who are in the slightest bit interested, i thought i would give you an update into how my life is now panning out since i accepted my sexuality.

So, contrary to what the JWs have counselled all these years, i found a guy on a dating website named Jack, and started to get quite friendly with him through text messages and Facebook! It has now been 3 weeks. Yesterday... i met up with him!

After 23 years of indoctrination... granted, i was a little wary and quite scared! I didnt know what to expect... but... IT WAS AMAZING!!! We had such a lovely day together! I wont reel off a list of things we did, but i will simply say, we strolled around chatting for hours, stopping every now and then to sit down and have lunch, coffee, and dinner! Our conversation revolved around so many things, including sexuality and religion. It felt so amazing to speak about my sexuality in public with people walking past and sitting nearby. It felt liberating! I felt myself! Haha... a side point: As we were walking, a guy was on the street selling magasines or something, and he shouted to us, "Hey lads, do you want to buy this magasine? It will help you pull girls you know!" ERRR... HAHA!!! You have got the wrong end of the stick mate! HEHE!!! We both giggled for a bit after this! Anyway, I wanted to be openly honest with Jack from the very beginning, although i wasnt sure how he would respond. I told him that i am still part of a very foolish organisation which has surpressed my feelings for so many years. He was AMAZING!!! He told me that he knew what it felt like to know that people will be talking about you and will be upset, but he said that no matter what happens you must be yourself, and in extension secure your happiness! He assured me that he would always be there for me if anything happened in the future (which it soon will) - just a phone call away. How sweet!

Anyway, he is a terrific guy. I admire his sense of morality and honesty - and sizing him up: I do believe iv struck the JACKpot (pun definately intended)! :)

I havnt felt this happy in some time! Im even missing the meeting this morning to write this! :) Oh boo hoo!!! Things are looking up! :)

Hope you are all ok! :)

Thanks for all the support from you too! Joining this forum was such a great idea!

Many hugs and kisses,

Tim :)

• Millions
    Millions

Sounds great! Good luck with this guy, I'm sure you'll have a blast whatever happens. I think the first relationship we have outside of the organisation is really a crucial one, it helps us realise we are just like anyone else, and that people outside are just like us. Everyone has baggage, it's how we handle it that matters. I usually talk about my JW past pretty early on with people, it's quite a conversation starter really, and helps people understand various personality quirks much easier!

The main thing is you really sound happy, which is just brilliant :)

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Sounds like you've met an amazing guy. Whether or not anything romantic happens, he's sure to be a great friend and support to you.

So happy for you (((((Timothy)))))

• nugget
    nugget

I am glad that this has been such a good experience. Jack sounds like a great guy and it is fabulous that you are being able to start looking forward and building a life that accepts who you are. It is these friendships that will be so important going forward. JWs may start to take an interest in your fade but as long as you have a solid core of support you can make the transition.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Congratulations on coming out and being who you are. The same principle often applies to us straight people, as well.

S

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Im so happy for you!

And the best part is there are a ton of other great people out there too!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That's so cool. I'm glad you had such a good time.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I'm glad your first experience wasa good one. However, don't put all your eggs in one basket. Even if you have no desire to see anyone else at the moment, don't pin all of your hopes for the future on this one guy. As a matter of fact, the only guy who should determine your future is you. Good luck, and have lots of fun!

• boyzone
    boyzone

Oh Tim I'm so happy for you! Jack is absolutely right, its time to BE YOURSELF, you can't keep pretending to be something you're not, its exhausting and deeply damaging to your mental health.

You can see that now can't you? Just one day of being the real you and look how free you feel. Well done for being so strong and good luck with your future decisions.

PS. Sorry for not replying to your PM, I'm having difficulty opening them x

• poppers
    poppers

To thine own self be true - can't go wrong with that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit