Watch Tower Society Facing Criminal Charges and Indictment in Australia

by AndersonsInfo 147 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

You can go to a job interview in 'eccentric' clothes and be remembered (and laughed at). You will not get the job. If you want to be taken seriously, then it's best to be concise, easy to understand (Bible is not easy for most worldly people), and look serious about your work.

Judges, at least here in the US, limit the pages of a submission and the easier a submission is to read (like the 5th grade reading level), the more likely the case will win. Judges are reading these things at night, sometimes in bed. They really appreciate well written, easy to follow work. The website, especially, is the first page many worldly people will go to. It quickly goes into Bible 'gibberish' that most are not going to follow. Write for your audience.

JWs are not the audience. And, if they were, they would disagree with Steve's bible interpretation. Jesus picked the Governing Body and they must follow the Governing Body's (not Steve's) interpretation of the Bible. The Governing Body has Jehovah God's approval, not Steve who is trying to tear down the Organization. They will see Steve as a nut who is trying to make trouble, cause rifts, and create his own religion by interpreting the Bible.

This is constructive advise. From reading the 600 page document, it seems Steve has been dismissed a few other times on this same issue. I really hope he takes this advice as it is meant, as constructive.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Have anyone wonder if all this sell off in Brooklyn is a knee jerk reaction to what is happening in Australia! If there is a grain of truth to this WT is going to lose alot of money.

Having all of that liquid cash would make it easier for the state to get a payout. I don't see how selling off property would help them.

I don't think this guy needs to win his case necessarily . . . in fact the 'eccentric' nature of his approach might attract more attention.

But if he simply draws enough attention, then someone in higher places will feel obliged to investigate

Two words: Orly Taitz.

• cognac
    cognac

Ok, I don't really get this. Why aren't the individuals getting penalized for not getting the background check instead of the society?

Also, I still don't get how the WT Corporation in NY would be affected at all...

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Good question Cognac.

The WWC act allows for either the individual or the organisation they represent to be fined. Steven seems to have a strong faith that Jehovah is behind the organization and the work that it does, and does not want to stop JWs preaching, nor have them fined for following a Bible command in ignorance of local laws. His issue is with the Watchtower leaders that willing ignore a law that they have been made aware of, and who have a history of protecting pedophiles.

• Listener
    Listener

Each State in Australia has it's own legislation in regards to the WWC requirements, Western Australia is another state that includes religious organisations in the legislation. Any publicity will have wider implications.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

This is very interesting. On the one hand, it appears Steven coming off looking a bit crazy but on the other hand, his point about non-compliance seems to be valid. Clearly, JWs are not exempt from the background check law. As others have stated, it would be better if he came across as a citizen concerned that JWs are going door to door where they can encounter childern without complying with the background check as opposed to what seems to me to be a disgruntled ex-JW who seems to still believe but thinks he needs to reform.

Still, the law is the law right? It seems pretty cut and dry so why has it taken so long? Perhaps he needs to partner with someone who has a bit less emotion and can present a less JW centric argument.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

WTS was probably hoping that if things went bad in Victoria, individual JW publishers would be arrested and "persecuted" (prosecuted). While the document about dissolving all disfellowshippings and basically dismantling the entire religion is a total pie-in-the-sky, the actual issue at hand is a very valid one.

I could imagine WTS lawyers thinking that this law asks too much of JW's in that they are all ministers in contact with children, but the public might wholeheartedly side with the protection of children.

I could imagine WTS could be implicated in "knowing" of some members (maybe in high places) that wouldn't pass a background check.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Does the complaint or the act spell out specifically the way that JWs "work with" children? Is it because they force their kids to go in service? Clean the KH? Or is it just because JWs consider themselves ministers and therefore have dealings with children within the congregation? Or is it all of the above?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

How come Barbara's posts often begin this way:

AndersonsInfo is reporting the following news...

I don't know any other poster who writes like that, referring to themselves in the third person.

slimboyfat would like to know why that is.

• kramer
    kramer

in my experience anything that is written in multiple fonts, with bold, underlining, italics and different sizes is the work of a crazy person..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit