Watch Tower Society Facing Criminal Charges and Indictment in Australia

by AndersonsInfo 147 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@AndersonInfo:

You wrote:

I went to Steven Unthank's blog, www.jwnews.net, a few minutes ago and learned quite a bit more about his cause. Among other things, I learned that there is no fee to get a back-ground check for religious volunteers. The WWC website said there was a fee for applicants, but when I read the information on that website a few days ago, I didn't see that the fee didn't apply to religions.

Wow, so that changes some things. Serveral posters (including me) have wondered what the motivation might be for not complying with the law. If the above statement is true, then its NOT money. It's not a political issue either (since getting one of these licenses is no different than licensing yourself to drive a car). So I am really wondering if the WTS knows they have a substantial number of active, serving elders in Austrailia who have some history in child molestation. Or even a good number of former elders, but still active congregation members that have child molestation issues in the past...

MeanMrMustard

• cofty
    cofty

Thank you for the information, I would be really interested to know whether they may face a similar situation in the UK.

Since last year it is a criminal offence to employ somebody - including doing unpaid voluntary work - who work with children and vulnerable adults frequently or intensively until they have registered with a new agency known as the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA).

An elder who pays a shepherding visit to an elderly witness or regularly drives them to meetings etc may be breaking the law unless they are registered. Their employers are also criminally liable to prosecution.

As a sports coach this has significant implications for what I do and my responsibiliites regarding employing new coaching staff. I am certain the congregations in the UK are flouting the law

• dgp
    dgp

I say, let's wait and see. I cannot see how it would be bad for the Watchtower to comply with that requirement. The purpose is to protect children. Who disagrees with that idea? If anyone disagrees, why?

• kjw53
    kjw53

Aussie-oz--- Pedophiles enter every religion on the earth, its an easy prey for people like that-they can pretend all they want how they want to serve God. But the fact remains that all of you are targeting the JW,s when they exist in every religion. Goes to show my words are truth--Mortal man cannot read anothers true heart- nor has he ever seen the book of life-thus mortal man cannot tell another that he is saved. Yet in every trinity religion on the earth the teachers are elevating themselves into Gods position by telling all that they are saved. Woe to those doing that. now back to topic--from what i have read on this matter-it has allready entered court once and was thrown out.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    But the fact remains that all of you are targeting the JW,s when they exist in every religion......Kjw53

Why would you care?..Your not a JW..Many here are..

Your sticking your nose in something,that does not concern you..

............................... ...OUTLAW

• james_woods
    james_woods

We are outlaws and it does not concern us the way it is done?

• Listener
    Listener

I have read many pages of Steven's submission and particularly about his personal situation and how the org has treated him and his family. Really shocking stuff that got way out of hand. The burdens that have been placed on him and his family and others connected are great. I can understand why he has written the way he has. IMHO it's not so much about any legal action but the theocratic rights and wrongs. When all is said and done and issues go through man's courts the most important thing is not the outcomes and the corrections afforded by laws because they are hindered by man's very own imperfections. Whether a case is won or lost is only shortlived and in the overall scheme of God's will being done it is that which is the most important issue. We cannot expect complete justice when the courts are run by men and belong to men, they are not from God but a Christian Society has the responsbility to act in accordance with the word of God and this means in all their dealings.

What will live after this case is resolved, one way or another, is Steven's comments against the Society. He has used this submission (which is a man made opportunity for him to do so) to highlight to the Society what their responsibilities are, even though he has done this by using man made laws he is highlighting their responsibilties from God's standpoint. He does this by introducing biblical and spiritual values. It reads more like a submission written for the benefit and to the Society rather than a court. In other words, he has not seperated the two issues - breaking of man's law and the breaking of God's laws.

The far greater error is going against the will of God and not functioning under his guidance and this is well brought out in the submission. If only the Society has listening ears and the humility to learn and adjust.

It is hardly likely that any man would fight so hard if there was not a lot of truth in what was being told. The submission hardly reads as if it was done in retaliation but rather in a fight for justice and to explain to the Society how wrong they have been in dealing with matters.

These pleading words that were written in the submission were just beautiful

“…Please, brothers, do not deny us justice and happiness and happiness and

justice. May the happy and just Jehovah bless you brothers according to the

spirit you show and may you let justice roll forth and live with Jehovah’s day in

mind.

D4.167

“Yours faithfully,

D4.168

“[signed] Brother David Unthank”

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

kjw53:

''Aussie-oz--- Pedophiles enter every religion on the earth, its an easy prey for people like that-they can pretend all they want how they want to serve God.

But the fact remains that all of you are targeting the JW,s when they exist in every religion.

Yes that is true, but we are talking about Victoria in Australia where the WT society appears to be the ONLY religion refusing to comply with state law that does include them.

Of course we are targeting JWs.

what do you think this board is about? Its not about ex mormons or baptists or something is it?

Of course we ex JWs have bias against the religion that we came from.

You are still trying to play the 'you are all nasty apostates' card. That has NOTHING to do with what Mr Unthank is doing. He at base line is trying to get the government of victoria to enforce its own law on a non complying religion that even you admit must contain some child abusers. ''they exist in every religion''.

oz

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks Barbara & Joe for this thread and all the work you do in exposing injustices inside the WT society and Jehovah's Witnesses . Keep up the good work. Ignore any naysayers- they are uninformed idiots. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• sizemik
    sizemik

Second that Mr Flipper . . . at the end of the day this is all about the children . . . god knows we've all seen enough lives destroyed in this way

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit