If an 89 year old woman can pioneer, why can't you slackers and bums do it?

by miseryloveselders 42 Replies latest jw friends

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

What's wrong with you slackers? Huh? Enough with your excuses!!! This is from the 3/2011 KM, page 3, paragraph 2 entitled, Circumstances Change within the article, Were You Once a Regular Pioneer?

2. Circumstances Change: It may be that the situation that caused you to stop pioneering no longer exists. For example, if you discontinued pioneering because you could not meet the requirement of 90 hours a month, could you resume now that the requirement has been reduced to 70? Have your employment needs or family responsibilities lessened since the time you left the pioneer ranks? One sister who stopped pioneering for health reasons was able to resume at age 89. She had not been in the hospital for over a year and felt that her health would allow her to pioneer again!

• Joliette
    Joliette

Because I dont like handing out magazines when I dont know who wrote it.

Who wrote this? What was there motive? Where they writing to truly help people, or were they writing it just because they had to write it?

See---when you ask questions like this, people give you blank stares, weird looks, and say that you have an independent thinking just like satan.

• blondie
    blondie

I would always turn this around and ask the elders why they weren't pioneering. I always had examples of elders with 6 children who worked full-time and pioneered.

Watchtower 2/1/87 p. 15 Doing Our Utmost to Declare the Good News

A FEW years ago, many of us thought that only those with special circumstances could pioneer," wrote a pioneer, or full-time minister, in Japan. "It seems we were wrong. We are learning that only those with special circumstances cannot pioneer."

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ah, HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

I can't pioneer

'Cuz I DOAN WANNA!!!

So there!!!

Yeah, I know... those still 'in' would LOVE to have the freedom to say something to that effect without being beaten down with guilt/shame/intimidation...

For those of you still stuck in, here's hugs kisses

And a helluva lotta booooooze....

Zid

• Joliette
    Joliette

Kudos to Blonde and Ziddina.

• Violia
    Violia

I'm not dissing old age, I closing in on it myself,however, at 89 what else is she doing?

• Joliette
    Joliette

Viola: So very true.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Misery..

There is a "WBT$ Advertising Card" you can put on your Hospital Bedside table..

Even in the Hospital,in a Coma,a JW can do Field Service..(No Joke)

With the Drop in Pioneer hours..

I wonder how many Unconcious JWs will be Pioneering in April?..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    She had not been in the hospital for over a year and felt that her health would allow her to pioneer again!

Great. Now she'll probably drop dead in someone's driveway. The householder's car will be blocked in until the ambulance arrives and they'll be late for a lunch date at the mall because of her damned pioneering™.

W

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

I love how they've been hawking this "special month" like it's a summer blow-out extravaganza at a car dealership.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit