FDS says - "No need to check our work. Besides, it will only make God angry."

by Crisis of Conscience 87 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

Catholicism pre Vatican II.

Some day the internal rebellion will begin, dictatorships are falling all around the world in politics and religion.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    If they started out with a bias to believe Paul and didn't examine things critically, in what sense did they check things out at all? -Ding

Exactly. To top it off, the only "message" they had to verify was the messianic prophecies concerning Jesus. It had nothing to do with looking for an organization. Once they verified that, they could accept the simple message.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

@ Ding - Good points. And on your last question, I'll take "the slave" for $1,000. Thanks. LOL

CoC

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

@ knowsnothing - Are you suggesting God did not have an organization back in the day?

But I thought the GB said...? Aw, forget it. LOL

CoC

• Bella15
    Bella15

Amazing ... I've never read this post before ... WOW!!! Sometimes I think that nothing WTC or JW surprises me anymore but this OMG !!!! WOW WOW WOW WOW .... How more FLAGRANT can they get !!!!????

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

That's why I bumped it for others Bella15. Thanks for reading!

CoC

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I'd like to revise this article a bit:

We can benefit from this consideration. If we have doubts about what instrument God is using as his "slave" to dispense spiritual food to his people, surely Jehovah is extremely pleased if we receive that food as though it might contain something harmful. We should absolutely verify to our total satisfaction whether or not this religion is living up to its claims that IT is the channel God is using. - 00DAD 2012 2/15, Our View of the WTBTS

I'm just sayin' is all ...

00DAD

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

(Proverbs 14:15) 15 Anyone inexperienced puts faith in every word, but the shrewd one considers his steps.

Good catch LanDi!

• irondork
    irondork

tagged

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

00DAD - Great revision. Makes perfect sense. But know you've proven yourself contrary to the "slave"!

LOL Thanks for the comment.

CoC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit