Being Turned In By Family

by SlipnSlide 23 Replies latest jw friends

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

I have read a lot of posts regarding spouses turning the other in to the JW police. If it happened to me, I don't think that I could forgive my husband if he did this. I would never do this to any member of my family, especially my husband. I'm not sure if this has been posted before or not. Please bear with me because I know that it happens to many people on the board. Can you ever get over being turned in by your husband or wife? How did you handle it? What is your relationship status afterwards?

• wasblind
    wasblind

In watchtower world, I don't think a couple ever becomes One

in order to keep the cong " so called clean " they are required to turn

on each other, It's sad that some can't turn to their spouse for confidential talk.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

In watchtower world, I don't think a couple ever becomes One

Interesting observation. You don't have a threefold cord either, it is the fivefold cord - husband, wife, God, GB regulations and body of elders.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there JW,

that's too many in one bed that's an origy

• jam
    jam

The WT is the same as Nazi Germany in ww2. Children

turning on the parents, brothers turning on brothers, wives

turning on husbands, why, too stay loyal to their father ( Hitler).

The same in WT land, loyalty too the Gov. Body.

• truman
    truman

I was ratted out by my (grown) son. He found a mildly incriminating email I had written about a support group and then took that information to an elder. If not for the amazingly effective aid of (some-time JWD poster) Hillary Step, I would have been toast at that point.

My son and I have repaired our relationship as much as we can while he is in and I am out, but at the time, I had to view his actions as a manifestation of his training--teaching that I had foisted upon him myself by raising him in the Borg. He thought he was doing the right thing by turning his mother into the congregational Gestapo. I forgave him. But I put a password on my computer after that.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Unfortunately the JWs will always turn family members against one another. We will never change that.

The only hope for us is that certain of our loved ones will realise and have the strength to leave. It is not for us to change ( in fact we already have done) but them. Only then will we really be able to catch up on lost time and enjoy life to the full.

Remember this definition of Borg from wikipedia:

"the Borg voluntarily submit to cybernetic enhancement as a means of achieving what they believe to be perfection (they also force their idea of perfection on others). "

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

The way I see it, JWs go out of their way to be obnoxious so they can claim to be persecuted.

In a case like yours, though, it would be true persecution for standing up against a religion you know is a lie. That is a righteous persecution. Let it happen and take it on the chin. Jesus would be proud of you. It is only righteous persecution that puts stars in your crown. It is part of how we attain the "image" of Christ as he suffered unfair persecution as well.

• nugget
    nugget

When elders came to us to ask about our posts here. They asked if I agreed with my husband wanting me to turn on him. My response was that I stood by him and agreed with him. The society tries to devide and conquer. To save yourself you must betray someone else. In this house that will not happen.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The society tries to devide and conquer. To save yourself you must betray someone else. In this house that will not happen.

GOOD FOR YOU, NUGGET!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit