JW ADVANTAGES vs DISADVANTAGES

by DesirousOfChange 48 Replies latest jw friends

• watersprout
    watersprout

ADVANTAGES??? Seriously what advantages are there to being a dub??? THERE IS NONE! YOU ARE HAVING A LAUGH!

I knew soo many dubs who DID NOT lead a ''moral'' life! You name it i knew someone who had done it or had done to them! The majority of them had family that had some authority. Disgusting the lot of them! Then they had the cheek to look down upon everyone else!

AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH! They make me sooo mad!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Ciggy Lighter wit no fire

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@Wasblind Ah, well, that's the bitter irony. Like a pub with no beer or a watchtower with truth in it.

Going off topic I remember a black sister who had a glass fish ornament which stood on it's tail mouth in the air. An elder seriously made the comment after seeing her: 'Do you think she worships Dagon?' I kid you not. But then this is on topic as ......there are NO advantages in living in such a misguided mentality

• wasblind
    wasblind

" there are NO advantages in living in such a misguided mentality "

I say your whole post is on topic

• Quendi
    Quendi

Interesting thread. By the way, Wasblind, I have sent you a PM.

I had an interesting experience yesterday (my birthday, by the way) while shopping in a local market. I noticed one of the shoppers continually staring at me. There was something vaguely familiar about him but I didn't know what it was. Eventually he came up to me and introduced himself. It was then that he identified himself as a member of one of the local congregations. We had attended meetings at the same Hall years ago. I smiled, reintroduced myself, and we shook hands. He then revealed rather timidly that he was no longer going to meetings. I didn't tell him that I had been disfellowshipped, but I did tell him that I had stopped going to meetings as well. The relief on his face upon hearing that spoke volumes.

We then talked about why we had both left. He told me something I am hearing from others: he was tired of waiting for false promises to be kept, false prophecies to come true, and false teachings to be corrected. He was tired of all the demands being made on his time and energy that left nothing for other worthwhile pursuits. He told me that not only had he left, but that his entire family had left with him. I told him how fortunate he was that the organization had not destroyed his family. He acknowledged that.

I asked him if the elders had called upon him and his family in an effort to bring them back. He told me that they had made one half-hearted attempt, but otherwise had abandoned them to their own devices. He has no intention of ever returning. He also said he wished now that he had never got involved with Jehovah's Witnesses, and that association with them had denied him and his family many opportunities and much happiness they could have otherwise had. The hardest part now was rebuilding their lives since all their friends and close associates had been Jehovah's Witnesses. I told him not to give up, and that he and his family would be successful in rebuilding their lives. I made the suggestion that he might want to join a volunteer organization where he could meet new people and give his life some focus again. He told me that he and his wife were already considering that and thanked me for the suggestion. We then exchanged contact information and I hope we will get together soon for we had had a good relationship in the past.

Naturally, you won't read an experience like this in the Society's literature or hear it conveyed from the speaker's platform. The chauvinistic thinking the organization advances and cultivates among its members is that only Jehovah's Witnesses can be genuinely good human beings, and that only by associating with them can anybody get the best out of life. This philosophy denies a basic Bible truth that comes from the book of Genesis. There we read, "And God went on to say: 'Let us make man in our image according to our likeness.' And God proceeded to create the man in his image, in God's image he created him, male and female he created them." --Genesis 1:26, 27

So any human being, regardless of ethnicity, national origin, or creed can reflect God's image and glorify him. All human beings can be altruistic and display the very noblest of qualities. Yet the Watchtower Society inculcates the belief that only members of its religion can do this. This kind of chauvinism isn't Christian at all, and is but one more crime this religion has committed in the names of God and Christ. My old Witness acquaintance told me he is happier now than he has been in years and is looking forward to getting to know his fellow human beings better. I was very happy to hear this because he now knows that the "advantages" of being one of Jehovah's Witnesses are not real. True advantage comes with realizing our humanity by reflecting God's image and acting on it as God intended us to do.

Quendi

• wasblind
    wasblind

Got it Qeundi, I sent you one back

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Advantage: You can buy cheap polyester suits that even the moths won't eat, and find outlets that sell ties by the pound.

Disadvantage: You go through life looking like a loser.

W

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

some of the very worst examples of alcoholism from the very top down to the R&F come from years of observation from being in the WTS, smoking continues, as does huge problems with immorality,fornication,drug abuse and gambling, TBH the WTS may have a monopoly on this type of wrongdoing. That 5th paragraph from the OP is typical WT bullshit and propaganda as Mad Sweeney rightly noted.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There is Nothing in Watchtower World..

You can`t learn,somewhere else..

Why would you eat a Bucket of Shit,because..

There`s a Few Kernels of Corn in it?..

http://www.kawther.info/Imasb05.jpg

........................ ...OUTLAW

• wasblind
    wasblind

Why would you eat a Bucket of Shit,because..

There`s a Few Kernels of Corn in it?..

Outlaw,

That should most definitely go down as one of the world's greatest quotes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit