Hard to NOT have the last word - let them hang themselves

by Mad Sweeney 18 Replies latest jw friends

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Falcon, when I first created my facebook there was a lot of active JW's that added me. I don't know why, guess I was mutual friends with a guy that wasn't really into it. Anyways, I remember reading those cheesey status updates! "Going to field service", "Just finished the CO visit, they are so nice!", "Oh just finished reading Young People Ask about Masturbation", lol So I made the last one up.

I think people started to notice I wasn't a Jdub when I updated my status before going out, "Going to party like it's 1914 tonight!" hahaha

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Anyone else find themselves in a similar spot? You don't really want to respond but at the same time you do?

Happens all the time when you are married to a committed dub !....all too often it leads to a stupid argument and a ruined evening so I try to bite my lip in the cause of peace

Family associations are another trial. When an In law has invited us for tea it seems churlish to cause an argument and spoil a family relationship. Although they are getting less often . I think they are cautious to broach the subject. It is like if you had a relative who was an alcoholic..everybody knows but nobody likes to mention it.....

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

"Oh just finished reading Young People Ask about Masturbation", lol So I made the last one up.

• fortis et liber
    fortis et liber

Mad Sweeney, thankfully I don't have any Dub 'friends' on FB but I do have a couple of Dub pages that I frequently check (they have public profiles, obviously) and, ..... I can't really explain why I do it. I read the absolute drivel posted about the troof and sometimes I laugh, sometimes I get angry, most times, I just shake my head and think 'so sad'.

There was this one pioneer back in my old congregation in RI who was insuffferable, so pious and so in-your-face about what you should be doing and how that contrasts sharply with what you actually are doing and all of this under the guise of being a 'loving, supportive, encouraging sister' -- ugh, made me want to vomit at the time and still does today. Following are some of her recent FB statuses....so annoying.

Oh my word! I already have 233 RV's for the month and I still have a couple days left....YEEKS!!!! February 25 at 7:13pm
    Crazy wild day.......shades of Boise! First Karen study (new) a "lay" woman from the B'Ville Methodist Church shows up, very friendly but wanted to know who I was ....(total taboo to ask me what I am doing in someone eles's home) Next house met another "lay" person from another church trying to stop my new Chin lady from studying...he was nasty... February 4 at 9:33pm
    Double duty today, attended both meetings since there were a total of 8 studies (with children) that attended.....then went on a study....I'm "togar" (Kayah for "finished") January 30 at 3:26p

I've got it worse than you do, noone is posting on my FB page, I actively check some old Dub pages, why do I look at their FB pages ?!?!? I haven't fully figured that one out yet....

~ f et l

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

narcissistic posts about your glorious day in field service. WHO CARES.

oy vey, Facebook is going to spell the end of civilization.

• wobble
    wobble

Dear Mad Sweeney,

I have had this problem no end of times in the past, but JW's, and my family now do not talk doctrine with me, they have come off badly everytime so far.

I still have to bite my tongue though, like earlier this afternoon, I was talking over the garden hedge to my Uber-dub sister (yea I know, what a pain them being that close ! If I want to smoke a cigar on my patio they could see me through the hedge) and I happened to mention that son No.2 is off to Ozzie Oz in May and she said "Oh he should get in touch with so-and-so when he gets there" meaning some dubs she knows and we don't.

It was on the tip of my tongue to say "The very last people he would want to hook up with would be Jehovah's Witnesses, he wants to have fun !"

But I kept my council, this time.

The other problem I have is anumber of old life-long friends say to me when they see me "Oh we wish you would come back..... blah blah"

Now I don't wish to hurt these peole in any way, so how do you say "I have moved on now, I could never go backwards" in kindly way, without sounding as though you are putting them or their beliefs down ?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Mr. Falcon, you are a mess

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

A hot mess.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I have to bite my tongue a lot on my FB. It came to a point that a couple weeks ago I just deleted anyone that was a friend of a friend that was a JW. I get sick when I read their stupid ass FB status. It's bad enough reading normal peoples updates, let alone cult speak.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit