"Trust the Faithful and Discreet Slave" Transcript [2010/2011 Kingdom Ministry School]

by pirata 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Thanks for the transcript. It's fascinating to see they way in one talk they blur the line between the FDS and the GB. They're talking about identifying one; then suddenly they're talking about why Witnesses have to be obedient to the other. Then, tying it together, there's reference to the GB being the "spokesman" for the FDS. I don't recall Jesus ever speaking about a "spokesman class."

It's also interesting to see how they airbrush the point of supposed decision by Jesus about who would be his faithful slave "class". Yes, the WTS (like amy other religions at the time) was feeding its followers in 1914-1918. But as Don Cameron details in his Captives of a Concept book, they were feeding them doctrines that within a generation would be discarded as falsehoods (or misunderstandings as they call 'em). Jesus' parable (or the traditional WTS applicaiton of it) made no allowance for choosing a slave that taught lies/misunderstandings, then over the next 90 years gradually correcting it and eradicating those lies. Why would he?

The FDS is clearly growing year by year, so in response the GB has had an "adjustment" to block out 99.9999 percent of them. The subtext is this: Out of 11,202 anointed, only seven are eligible to speak on God's behalf. They do so because they decided it. The remaining 11,195 simply obey.

What would happen if a rival representative group of anointed established themselves as the spokesman? (Yeah I know, a repeat of the 1917 leadership dispute. But it's worth thinking about).

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Note how they change right in midstream and the rank and file just swallow it whole:

However if we think about the description it says “Who is the faithful and discreet slave?”. So, of course, we know someone faithful, faithful in God's eyes, would be someone holding firmly to the truth in God's word. Ones who were breaking free from false religious beliefs, false religious traditions, examining the scriptures to find the truth.

slave, one, one, oneS

Um, that doesn't compute.

• DeathSentry
    DeathSentry

"Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely thay may believe that they can interpret the Bible. For this reason the Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah's visible organization in mind."

I guess I am surprised that they would even print this. Perhaps I shouldn't be. I know when I asked someone about the reinterpretation of generations and how I didn't understand it, they told me to just wait on the GB, that they will better explain it. I still attended off and on until recently when in the WT, there too they kept focusing on the FDS and how we need to be obedient. So then I would attend but only for the public talk and walk about before the Watchtower began; thats sort of the state I'm in now.

I do understand that even in other religions, they need a certain level of uniformity of belief, but some of this is a bit too much.

• VM44
    VM44

Do you know the name of the brother that gave this talk?

• VM44
    VM44

The person who gave this talk uses the word "Well" too often!

• pirata
    pirata

@VM44: I can't say the name of the speaker who gave this talk. I don't want to "out" anyone prematurely.

In case any Elders or Ministerial servants didn't get the point at the KMS school, the Circuit Overseers current outline for the meeting with Elders and Ministerial servants, about "Appreciating Spiritual Things", ends with a section on: Trust the Faithful and Discreet Slave.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

so they are the fds, because they broke free between 1914-1918. and 1914-1918 is important because the FDS says so... couldn't read much further, makes me feel sick. because i can just imagine how many of my family swallow it, think it's logical and even go and tell it to other people who can't think straight.

• pirata
    pirata
    i can just imagine how many of my family swallow it, think it's logical and even go and tell it to other people who can't think straight.

In the CO's outline we were reminded that we can show our trust in the "faithful slave" by supporting their decisions even when we don't understand them.

• sir82
    sir82
    we can show our trust in the "faithful slave" by supporting their decisions even when we don't understand them

Hmm, remind me again how this isn't blind faith?

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

How can any JW have full trust in the GB? If every JW have made their homework well since last year (Wt 2012-08-15 "we shall learn all we can about the historiy of Jehovah´s eartly organization") they SHOULD reflect a little bit more on this question:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit