ex-pioneer/ex-elder reveals his disappointment/disbelief in wt doctrine to elder/friend?

by TheLoveDoctor 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• alanv
    alanv

September 1, 1980

TO ALL CIRCUIT AND DISTRICT OVERSEERS

Dear Brothers:

Keep in mind that to be disfellowshiped, an apostate does not have to be a promoter of apostate views. As mentioned in paragraph two, page 17 of the August 1, 1980, Watchtower, "The word 'apostasy' comes from a Greek term that means 'a standing away from,' 'a falling away, defection,' 'rebellion, abandonment. Therefore, if a baptized Christian abandons the teachings of Jehovah, as presented by the faithful and discreet slave, and persists in believing other doctrine despite Scriptural reproof, then he is apostatizing. Extended, kindly efforts should be put forth to readjust his thinking. However, if, after such extended efforts have been put forth to readjust his thinking, he continues to believe the apostate ideas and rejects what he has been provided through the 'slave class, then appropriate judicial action should be taken.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I respect the honesty and courage it takes to just tell them you don't believe anymore.

I just don't want to do it; I would much rather that they wonder.

I want to be something other than active, inactive, apostate.

I want to be a thorn in their side.

I want to be the guy who they wonder WHY doesn't Pistoff go anymore?

According to my still in wife, the rumor is that I am materialistic, which is quite funny.

Part of me just wants to NOT give them a category to fit me into.

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

Thank again for the comments

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

The only thing that the elders in a Judicial Committee want to

establish is whether or not a person recognizes the organization

as God's spokesman today. All other matters take second place.

If you question a particular doctrine, they will ask if you doubt

the F&DS's views...and thereby deny its role as perceived by

the Watchtower. They do not make the distinction between

doubt and apostasy. Nor do they act as loving brothers

and shepherds.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

alanv thanks for posting that!! So, basically, even if I didn't come here and post, I'm considered an apostate because my views differ from the "current light". Amazingly, some years ago had differing views and were DF'ed for apostasy and then the WTBS changed their doctrine to what was believed by those people! Were they reinstated with an apology? Nope. Serves them right for "running ahead of the organization"...even though they were freaking RIGHT...

But I digress. Opening your mouth and confessing your doubts and beliefs is a surefire way to get your ass hauled into a JC. That doesn't mean you have to go. That doesn't mean you have to talk to them or anyone else about it. If they DF you in absentia, being that you are such a loving and kind person, you will have NO problem making REAL friends who will accept you for YOU.

• steve2
    steve2

You may well learn that your trust has been betrayed and it will hurt like hell. That is not a bad lesson to learn. All the best in your new phase of life.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I would not recommend going to the JC meeting. Sometimes you can reason with one elder, but never with multiple elders. They automatically go into elder mode to counsel and correct you. Do not expect a hearing, reasoning elder at a JC meeting.

• lifeisgood
    lifeisgood

Doesn't the Bible tell Christians to listen to God instead of men? If adherence to the sayings of the governing body is one of the criteria used in disfellowshipping, doesn't this go directly against this order from the Bible to listen to God instead of men?

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

u know whats comical when I discussed with my friend/elder about my doubts of doctrine/anointed/GB He wondered why while he was conducting the watchtower he would detect myself making weird faces at times. He was right I told him once I began to see the inconsistencies they are now easy to detect so my face showed it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit