Are JW Children Set Up To Fail In The Real World?

by PublishingCult 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Let's see. No college. No worldly friends--bad associations. No preparation for anything but pio-sneering. And no experience. They are terrified of what is going to happen, yet they get no real help in preparing. Not even "You better get ready for hyperinflation"--buying gold and silver would take care of that. Not even "There is going to be a terrible energy crisis in the upcoming years"--get ready for blackouts and gas shortages. The witlesses are always getting ready for something, but preparing for nothing.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I agree what has been said by many, things to JW kids is either black or white

and when they leave the cult they tend to go to the extreme, they have no reasoning

skills, and have a follow the crowd mentallity( group think ), instead of thinking independantly for themselves

they have a need to be led, whether right or wrong

• d
    d

Yes because the elders do not want the children to succeed so they can maintain control.I am socially akward but I am progressing with time.I am trying to get a job and improve my math skills and go for my associates degree then go for my bachelors.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Wow what a great post. I have to agree.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yes, JW children are DELIBERATELY set up to fail by the Watchtower Society...

It's another method of reinforcing the indoctrination. By limiting their options, the Watchtower Society maintains more control over its members.

Here's an old thread that I started that TOUCHES on this subject - I didn't address children specifically, but I think that much of this can apply to children of JWs as well as the adults...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/174163/1/Deepest-sympathies-to-all-ex-JWs-whove-been-hurt-by-the-WORLD

Zid

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

Yes. They are absolutely set up to fail. WhatwasIthinking probably had the best post

Living by the scripture Spade quoted will probably get you kids who are well behaved,but more than likely not self-reliable on independent later in life when they need to be.

I know a brother who is very successful in landscaping. It's probably taken him all of about 11-12 years to reach the current point of where he is. When I met him he was doing small time jobs and working a whole lot of hours. Whereas now.....the guy does more delegating and less work. Plus, his dad ( the po at the time ) was in the business and who do you think helped get him started ? Yep. Once again, as WhatwasIthinking said,it takes a long time to really have a successful small business if you're starting from scratch.

Myself....I think I'm a great example of what happens when you listen to JW thinking. I started out of High School regular pioneering. Did that for two years. Then enrolled into Boston College and racked up 51 credit hours. Only to stop after letting the elders convince me to 'reach out' for MS. Meanwhile I started my current job, at a very low level of pay. I've worked my way up,but I need to return to school and finish my degree if I want to move any further in my company. I'm 34,self-reliant, and my job pays me pretty good for someone without a degree. But I always think I can or should be farther in life than at this current point. I didn't move out until I was 29. And that was because I was fully reliant on my mom until then. Not because I was lazy,but I constantly made my schedule and job choices around the meeting. Took days off ( that I couldn't afford to ) for assemblies,CO visits,etc.

I had a brother tell me to quit my current Job in order to improve my meeting attendance. This was when I was asking eklders what more I could do to be appointed. Mind you,this brother holds a 4-year degree in Geology or Engineering and works at Exxon. But at the time he was telling me to quit my job and try to do something part-time.

Spades is right on one thing though. There are LOTS of JW kids who are successful, while abiding by JW rules and doing it their way. I willing to bet every single one has the support of a very wel to do Father or family. The people I know who are in and successful..their dad was able to 'get' them in at the Plant,company,firm ,or wherever it is they work.

If you jave connections in the JW world....wealthy family or your Daddy has deep pockets. Shoot....pioneering ? Man your gas and insurance are paid on time all the time. Bethel ? No problem son. The day he leaves, his dad has a spot waiting for him atv the old company or in the family company.

Not all of us were so 'blessed' by Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit