Pray for our Brothers in Japan

by doubtful 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• witnessofjesus
    witnessofjesus

Zero and others here who have left the baby and the bath water,

God is not just a myth, now you may reason Him so due to the abuse you've experienced at the hands of the WTS, and for that, it is sad. However, I wish to assure you that God does not hold your reactions against you, but He does exists, and you know that He does, but for now, you need a 'break' from the 'authority' and 'control' in your life, and for that I cannot blame you.

Whatever you do, do the best you can and do good to others, and make the best of your life AFTER the WTS. I know it can be painful, but always be assured of God's love for you, that He is not the monster that was painted out to you, nor does he force you to read magazines upon magazines to discover Who He is, and that in the coming days you will eventually meet with Him and He will teach you of His real ways, and that we shall all walk in His ways and be joyful and content therein, not as members of a religious sect, but as free agents under a loving God and Father of us all.

Don't give up hope, life is truly like a shining light that does indeed get brigther and brighter, just live it to the full and don't regret what you have lived, learn from it, and move on.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

I'm sorry that I've digressed so much, and you must have grown weary of all this complaining by now, but this is the first time I've written down these thoughts in such a systematic way. Please forgive me.

Anyway, now at the age of 21, after having taken an interest in logic, critical thinking, and a little bit of science, I have decided to investigate my doubts, to see if there were any rational basis for them. And I've found that there are huge gaping holes in much of the docrtine, logistical impossiblites and contradictions in the bible, and unethical journalism commited by the society. So now I feel like my world has come crashing down on me. I feel as if I have been lied to my entire life (I haven't determined if the governing body is criminal and insincere or just naive), and been given a false hope about the future. I never put much stock in the assertion that Armageddon was necessarily iminent beyond any shadow of doubt as most witnesses steadfastly believe, but now that I know 1914 is all a crock, I feel no sense of urgency at all. Yet I at least hoped that eventually the new perfect world would come in my lifetime, rid me of my poor health, and allow me to never have to die and cease to exist. Now that powerful hope is gone. I am depressed beyond all comprehension. -------------------doubtful

You have nothing to be sorry about. Everyone has to vent. In fact, I'd say my experience is somewhat similar to yours. I myself have been through much depression. It is a slow process, and one day I hope to leave the borg. At least here you can speak you mind freely, objectively. Apostasy is merely reality.

If your looking for the pdf, here is the best I can do for you. I only read a portion of it myself, but it is a must read. You can't get this kind of perspective anywhere else. Ray was at the top, and saw how the organisation worked first-hand. When I read it, it was far from the fantasy world I imagined Bethel or anything of the like to be.

http://www.paradisecafediscussions.net/showthread.php?tid=2617

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I'll donate money to help for those poor people in Japan but I won't pray for them because I have never ever ever had a prayer answered ever and just in case God was thinking of doing something to help them, which I doubt, I wouldn't want to jeopordise it.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

You can purchase and download pdf's from the publisher here:

http://www.commentarypress.com/Publication/English.html

Also, FWIW the word for the little groups of people is spelled "clique" not "click."

• doubtful
    doubtful

Interested one - Lol, I knew I was spelling that wrong, but it just didn't "click" at the time! Haha.

@knowsnothing - Yes, I come on here precisely because here we are free to think for ourselves and express our own views, rather than have our words circumscribed the way they are in the BORG!

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

1.- Welcome

2.- Short Paragraps

3.- Congratulations!

A Doubt is more powerful than a certainty. Keep questioning that will continue opening your eyes to many many lies you have been told. Its ok, some of us realized that many years later than you.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

And yeah lets pray for our brothers in Japan, I mean the other people are gonna be destroyed in Armageddon anyway. ..... but what about the people who are gonna be converted before the Big A? dont we need to pray for them also? Lets just pray for everybody.....or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit