by highdose 37 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

Misery,

and as we all know earth quakes have always been happening

Nobody knows when the end will come

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Why not just agree with your dub relatives that earthquakes do seem to getting worse, then ask; "Why does Jehovah choose to drown thousands of innocent people in filthy churning tsunamis? Why herald the even greater slaughter of Armageddon in this cruel and sadistic way?"

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    the dubs are going crazy with joy at the thought of the 1000's being killed and having their lives destoryed by the earthquake/ tunsmai [sic]

Bullshit. Most dubs are NOT that heartless. They will of course be excited at the prospect of their long hoped for New System being imminent but I honestly can't recall a single JW I ever knew who would feel joyful 'at the thought of the 1000's being killed and having their lives destoryed by [an] earthquake or tsunami'.

• jam
    jam

On the evening of April 14th 1615, A strong earthquake struck

Sir Lanka, unleashing widespread damage and casualties.

200 houses collapsed, 2000 persons killed.

When did the last days begain.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

At our hall the dubs will say how sad these disasters are and

how many inocent people die. However they turn around and

look forward to God killing everone on earth except the JW's.

In looking at the terrible destruction in the pics from Japan

what a mess they have to clean up and they will have the help

of foreign nations. Imagine the whole earth looking like that

after Armageddon and about 2 million men and 2 million women

and 3 million kids having to clean the mess up.

Sour Grapes

• d
    d

It is just sick to think that they are going to enjoy the death of millions across the world.They see the Japan Earthquake as something to look forward to.I this type of thinking even normal?

• pirata
    pirata

They need to read the May 1, 2011 Watchtower:

1.EARTHQUAKES

“There will be great earthquakes.”—LUKE 21:11.

Winnie, 16months old, is pulled from the rubble in Haiti. A TV crew reporting on the disaster had heard her faint moans. She survives the earthquake, but her parents do not.

WHAT DO THE FACTS SHOW? When a magnitude 7.0 earthquake struck Haiti in January 2010, more than 300,000 people were killed. An additional 1.3 million were rendered homeless in an instant. Although extreme, the quake in Haiti was not an isolated event. At least 18major earthquakes occurred earth wide between April 2009 and April 2010.

WHAT IS A COMMON OBJECTION? We are not experiencing more earthquakes; because of modern technology, we are just more aware of them than people were in the past.

IS THAT OBJECTION VALID? Consider this fact: The Bible does not emphasize the number of earthquakes during the last days. However, it does say that “great earthquakes” will occur “in one place after another,” making them one of the notable features of this momentous period of history.—Mark 13:8; Luke 21:11.

WHAT DO YOU THINK? Are we seeing great earthquakes, just as the Bible foretold? Earthquakes alone may not seem to be conclusive evidence that we are living in the last days. Yet, they are only one prophecy that is being ful?lled.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Sorry WTS. and all you dumb GB WT writing editors, great earthquakes have been occurring for millions of years.

One thing thats a certainty is the WTS. doesn't put forth honest and informative information how earthquakes have been occurring

for millions of years on this planet, creating some of the most prominent mountain ranges throughout the world.

I guess its just a decisive matter of putting out information that only backs their END TIMES proclamations, in this instance keeping

people in a state of fearful ignorance has a posturing value attached. ( Literature Publishing ) $$$

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

the wt did, however, claim that the number of eartquakes was increasing for many decades. A good source is the "earthquakes" heading on jwfacts.

Their retraction was so well hidden that many jws atill believe it. My visitors did.

Retro

• yesidid
    yesidid

I would say something like:

Oh yes this earthquake is just terrible. And Jesus did say there were going to be earthquakes. But the Society has always said THE thing to look out for as THE sign that the great tribulation is upon us is................... The governments turning on religion............I don't see that happening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit