Pre assembly blues

by AnonJW 20 Replies latest jw friends

• AnonJW
    AnonJW

Well, I’m off to the circuit assembly tomorrow. Two days of sheer joy and missed sports!!Two days of the same twenty or so brothers giving talks(it's who you know so I am told) and demonstrations, reminding us of how much they enjoy God bothering people on a Saturday. Two days of why we shouldn’t have big TV’s, games consoles and the latest mobile phones. Two days of "keep on the watch". I bet my life that today's earthquake is mentioned.

I just had a conversation with my son, he is very enthusiastic about tomorrow (only for the young sisters that will be dressed in their best and gagin for it in my opinion) and tells me not to be a cynic!

Yes ladies and gents, I have the “pre-assembly blues”!

PS. Before it is suggested “don’t go”. It’s not an option at this stage

• d
    d

When you come back ,please tell us what they were talking about.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Well, since "don't go" isn't an option, I feel your pain !

Haven't been myself in more than twenty years, clearly remember telling my parents I'm going home, and left halfway thru the program, did that on several occasions.

• AnonJW
    AnonJW

ShirleyW - That's an idea, I feel illness comming on

• sd-7
    sd-7

my son, he is very enthusiastic about tomorrow (only for the young sisters that will be dressed in their best and gagin for
    it in my opinion)

I can remember those days. So much pent-up tension...I think it's such a relief to not be there.

And...you do have a choice. But since you feel otherwise, my advice is, bring your notepad and Bible, but read the Bible verses in their context, or just tune the speaker out and read the Bible. You can learn a lot that way. If anyone asks what you liked about the program, just say "that part where they said to humbly submit to the direction of the slave class." I'm sure it'll be in there somewhere...usually at the end of the program, without fail.

--sd-7

• DavinciCodeBreaker
    DavinciCodeBreaker

The absolute worst thing about these assemblies-the demonstrations. Usually a family setting or young ones doing what any normal teenager would, but in the middle of their so called debauchery they have a sudden epiphany...usually start out something like this; "wait...wait, now what would Jehovah think of this, he would not approve". Then go on to quote 25 scriptures and then "come to their senses" then everyone applauds. It is enough to make me sick and everyone you speak to agrees that the demos are so stupid and unrealistic, yet they keep shoving these scenarios down our gullible throats. BTW ANON JW my assembly is also this weekend, maybe we are at the same one. I will be the guy in the blue suit and tie with a bored disconnected look on my face-oh wait that is what all the clones will look like. OK that settles it, I will wear my Jesus Saves T-Shirt with the cross under my dress shirt. See you there!

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

They used to have great fried chicken at my circuit assembly when I was a kid. Other than that, it was like chinese water torture. I definitely feel for you.

• AnonJW
    AnonJW

I try my best to sleep in the afternoons(bible on knee-elbow on bible-hand on head) but my wife or one of the kids usually gives me a nudge. At the moment I am going for the "drink a shed-load of alcohol tonight, headache and doze for most of the morning" tactic.

Sadly, my cynicism is becoming apparent here (at home) and there are "falling outs".

• Reality79
    Reality79

I'm so glad we no longer have to attend these boring assemblies which are just massive indoctrination centres and popularity contests. The last congregation we attended is having their assembly this weekend we've heard. We'll enjoy having extra sleep then going to Bluewater shopping centre.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Assemblies were shit. Made me miss watching my beloved football club & generally ruined my weekend.

Oh, and PS - watching all the ass kissing of the Edinburgh elders & jokeying for position? Do me a ****ing favour.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit